1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017/2018 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Yung-T, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This reply is funny as f:
    „Bosz ist sicherlich kein guter Trainer aber man muss fairerweise sagen,dass der Markt im Sommer sehr schlecht war.....Wenn die Alternative zu Bosz,Peter Stoeger war das sagt schon alles......“
    -> Dann sollte man sich zweimal überlegen, ob man den Trainer aufgrund irgendwelcher Kotnascher wie Schmelzer oder Sahin entlässt, wenn der Markt keinen Ersatz hergibt oder man nicht gerade einen Heynckes in der Hinterhand hat.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

i know right, didn't take him as a joker.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Premier League teams have lost once in the past 20 CL matches.

Looks like the CL is wide open this year.

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It's obvious that Bosz is the wrong coach. They have outstanding players, and he is not getting the best out of them.

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Köln turning a 1:2 into a 5:2, noiiice.

6. Raz

Raz Member

Meanwhile Patrice Evra becomes the first player in EL history to see a red card before the game even starts...

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

lelz, patrice is a living excrement. hope he unceremoniously gets forced into retirement.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Great posture on that kick though, breh seems to do martial arts.

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Stoke vs Leicester was entertaining. I'm hoping Yedlin starts for Newcastle next game today.

Yung-T likes this.
  10. Raz

Raz Member

Other than Bayern's 3-1 win over Dortmund, this is the best scene of the matchday...

Funny as hell, but I'm happy the fail didn't lead to a goal. Would've destroyed the kid.

Yung-T likes this.
  11. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Yeah thats us. Most Dutch care more about the system than the results.... and we can be stobborn.

Rust being said bosz is just not a good coach.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Good to see you back, hope you got over the qualification disaster.

13. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

In all fairness though, how many were saying that early in the season as Dortmund were rolling through the league.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you look for good Offense I think one Arsene Wenger disciple when he was still with Nagoya is underrated because he made Asia his home.

Dragan Stojkovic nicknamed 'Piksi', one of the best former Yugoslav futballers. A very solid coach at that.

15. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Thanks. I do not post as regularly since I am really busy with my 2 young children. But I still lurk on the board.

Not qualifying was bad. However our team just is not that good. The briljant generation of Robben, Sneijder, van der Vaart, Huntelaar and van Persie is over. To bad we could not get a big championship. That is the second great generation that comes up short (also the Bergkamp, de Boer and van der Sar) generation. The problem is that I do not see any upcoming big talent, not even in the youth.

Last year Feyenoord finally won a championship, So I was happy about that. But this has been a terrible year for Dutch footbal.

AroundTheWorld and Yung-T like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Have fun and post some more if time allows.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It was a combination of terrible opponents, luck and simply outscoring opponents. The defense was terrible from the first pre-season game on, many BVB fans have acknowledged this in retrospect.

This system only works when you have world-class defenders and aggressive midfielders, the current roster is the opposite of that.

ferrari77 likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

19. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

You're right. From the matches I've seen, their defense is patchwork-mediocre at best and they need someone in midfield to do some damage...not just on the offensive side of the pitch.

I guess another League championship for Bayern?

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's a quite funny roster when you look at it. Terrible defenders and then low-effort midgets like Kagawa, Götze and Sahin in midfield. Least intimidating pressure ever.

Bayern will definitely win the league again, thanks to Jupp bringing the team back on track. RB needs a few more seasons and experience to catch up, but even then only time will tell whether they'll be able to keep star players on their team or go the BVB route, where stars leave immediately when the big clubs are calling.

PS: Just saw how Fernando Torres barely plays for Atletico, maybe Bayern should sign him as a capable backup.