1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017/2018 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Yung-T, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Mendy to City for 57.5mil, most expensive defender of all time.
    I checked and City has now payed 240mil for transfers THIS SUMMER, absolutely ridiculous. And only sold players for a sum of 41mil.

What Guardiola does is disgusting to me, since his arrival they've nearly invested HALF A BILLION bucks into new players. And if he doesn't win the CL this season, you bet they'll buy players for r****ded sums again.

What an awesome coach, needs either the best talent in the world (Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol etc) or a tiny sum of a billion € in order to win.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yes but City has invested also for Pelegrini and Roberto Mancini before Pep.

ramotadab likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Pique and Shakira talking Neymar into staying?

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Bernat out for three months, this sucks.
    Was our best player this pre-season and would've been a serious option over Alaba.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Marca saying Mbappe to Real a done deal for 160+20mil. Sickening if true.
    Edit: Monaco saying reports are not true.

#45 Yung-T, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Sanches just stated he wants a move to Milan and hopes both clubs agree on a transfer.

Sucks, but I hope we can at least net an adequate sum.
    Hoeneß seemed a bit pissed yesterday and said Bayern doesn't depend on the guy, guess Sanches is behaving like a bich behind the scenes and we want him gone for good.

7. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

don grahamleone, ramotadab and Yung-T like this.
  8. ferrari77

Talking about Pep. I observed a few things about him and the City/United squad when they were in Houston last week. FWIW

(1)Anthony Martial never seems to look happy or cheerful ever. (I don't recall if he was like this before Mourinho arrived and if he is like this with France).
    (2)Pogba and Lukaku/ Lingard and Rashford are in two separate bromances that might win an award for bromancing. You'll rarely see them apart.
    (3)Mourinho seemed to know JJ Watt. (I recall Watt saying he likes Chelsea and that he visited the team/attended a match some years ago, perhaps while Mourinho was in charge). As Watt left the pitch and Mourinho was coming on, Mourinho moved towards Watt to shake hands with him.
    (4)Saw and heard Pep and Mkhitaryan having a convo as they left the stadium in Houston. Conversation was in English (which isn't the 1st or 2nd language for either I believe. I figured they both knew how to speak German since Pep spoke while over there and I thought Micki did too).
    (5)Yaya Toure and Vincent Kompany are two of the classiest and nicest players out there. I observed both taking the time to sign autographs. Every one. Every single one. Several young players and a number of star players on both United and City couldn't be bothered.
    Aguero and Sterling did sign some too.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Great thing they had a Manchester Derby in Houston.....thx for your sincere observations.

#49 daywalker02, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    ramotadab and ferrari77 like this.
  10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

While I'm not a Kompany man, I do have respect for him. One of my good friends had about 5 kids with him at the game, decked out in United gear. Kompany was more than happy to give them autographs and take pictures with them.

11. ferrari77

Man, he is pure class. A lot of young players would do well to just observe and learn from him on and off the pitch.

ramotadab and Yung-T like this.
  12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

He's a bit of a dirty player for my liking...but I'm a forward.

13. ferrari77

I'm a defender.

leroy likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nice match.... OGC Nice vs your boy Younes and Ajax

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Anyone watching the ManU/Barca game?

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I will watch a half

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

WTF? Is this It's Gonna Be A Boys vs It's Gonna Be A Girls?

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Rummenigge today saying he had a long conversation with Sanches and we'd only loan him for one year max. Sanches also said he doesn't want to leave the club, but needs playing time.

Rummenigge closed the statement saying he still thinks Sanches can develop into a good player for Bayern.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

L'Equipe saying Neymar will sign a 5yr contract with 30mil annual salary. Neymar's team also cancelling a fan meeting this weekend, with transfer negotiations being named as the reason.

Guess this is really happening, welp.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is ridiculous from a sports perspective..... A top 3 or 4 player should play and join the Premier league.

He will kill it there.

Not the 5th best league. He can also join the Bayern for all that I care but Ligue 1 isn't that attractive.

They would probably make more semi final appearances in the CLeague and fight for the Finals but they are still no favorites.