1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016] The After-Loss Ventilate and Ameliorate Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Oct 28, 2015.

1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I don't bother to watch games live on ilp this year. I only watch the 4th quarters of games I know we won. Still there have been many times I've laughed out loud because of dumb play by our guys.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

honestly? I'm starting to not even care any more. Losing has become routine. I feel like I'm watching the Knicks.

3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I'm ready for Morey and the entire coaching staff as well as half the team to bounce. They all suck.

4. kidhoward12

kidhoward12 Member

Never been so disappointed in any sports team. I want to stop watching but for some reason can't. The Rockets are insane. "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." smh

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don't know about morey just yet, but the rest of your wish i can get with

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Eh, the Rockets are what they are at this point. A .500 or so team that cares about the games only when they want to. I think latest Nuggets game is what has finally gotten me to accept the situation. Probably should have accepted it much sooner.

7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I can't get behind his system anymore. It's stupid. As long as Morey is here we won't have a respected coach like Thibs, Van Gundy, Doc, Pops etc.. We will always have his puppets.

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I blame heypartner. :p

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm inclined to believe this as well, but cannot be completely sure whether this ridiculous offensive system is 100% on him or not. if it is, then les needs to replace him as well.

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I accepted that this season was done when we were 4-3 and lost to the Nets after 3 days rest.

We are a .500 team, maybe will finish a few games above with the 7-8th seed. Either swept in first round or lose in 5.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I will remind people to look at the previous 10 record. Always.

7-3 is more than acceptable. They keep that up and hang around there they will cruise to a top 4 record. Could be the Nuggets just have our number this year for whatever reason. I guess we'll see. Lets see if they bounce back with a win and see what they do after that.

12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

We suck donkey basketballs!

13. OpenLayup-Why3?

Dude, we are having top 3 easiest schedule in the league so far.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we had a really easy schedule during that 10 game stretch though

i'm thinking as the opponent get better, we are going to be down 20 at the halves

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

In a vacuum, sure.

But when you look at things like strength of schedule, margin of victory, and who those losses were to, it is a much different situation. The Rockets have had an insanely easy schedule so far. It's been an absolute cake walk, yet we have not capitalized, and even in the wins, they've been far from dominant.

The Rockets have given no reason to think they can handle the tougher parts of their schedule, which are coming fast. There will be no "cruising to a Top 4 record" unless things drastically change, primarily defensively.

16. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

D-Mo is back with points, that is good though.

17. MystikArkitect

Dwight is frustrating to watch.

Capella, DMo, Harden, Ariza and Thornton. Get rid of everyone else and chase Durant. This teams overall play is analogous to Dwight's post play. You know it *should* be good but it's just not and you can't understand why.

18. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Durant isn't coming

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Correction, we have had the #1 EASIEST schedule so far this season, and all we could muster was a 12-13 record.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I get the record argument, but this team beat the Clippers and OKC in worse shape than they are now.

So it's not really fair to count their losses before they have played them, just as it's not really smart to count their wins either.

I rather just see how it plays out. It sucks they lost to the Nuggets again but they are winning at a good clip now when they weren't before.