1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 Summer Olympics

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Rockets34Legend, Jul 26, 2016.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Japan, Jamaica, and Canada all had cool entrances and they medaled. USA did not and they got DQed. Coincidence? Highly unlikely.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Here is that Japanese Baton exchange technique. Everybody else looks like they are trying to dock a space shuttle or refuel a jet at 34,000 feet.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/27lyF976HIw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Japan has been doing the underhand exchange for years. We just weren't paying attention because they were coming in last place.

4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

That's a bad comparison but the point is this story would be completely different if this were four black athletes. They wouldn't be labeled as kids just having fun.

https://www.facebook.com/TheHerd/videos/1866361056918418/

Most of the flack he's been getting is for lying. The whole destroying property, fighting a guard bit, things that would typically get some with a different hue a "thug" label.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

IIRC, the people who called them kids was the IOC. I think the IOC would've done the same regardless of race if it was olympic athletes that had done this. It's pretty clear it's an embarrassment not only for Team USA but for the Olympics in general to have one of their athletes cause something like this. Unless you think the IOC has something against black athletes which I'm not sure where you'd get that idea.

He never fought anyone though. That seems to be inaccurate. He "destroyed" a sign. I'm not sure anyone would be labeled a thug if this is what actually happened. Just seems like a reach.

Most of the flack should be on the fact that he lied. I'm not excusing anything he did, but lying about it was way worse than anything that seems happened over there. He isn't entirely wrong either that he got robbed if Gunner Bentz' account of what happened is accurate.

All in all it's just confusing why people would use something like this to bring up race. There were numerous comparisons to things that happened in the U.S. which really have no comparison at all to what happened there with those athletes. But people have an agenda I guess so they'll be desperate to reach for anything that makes headlines.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The Brazil-Germany game is intense as hell.

7. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Yeah this is a fun game to watch, especially because of the Brazilian crowd's hate towards Germany.

8. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I'm on the mens water polo final, again fitting cousin v cousin in Croatia vs Serbia. Talk about intense!

9. Raz

Raz Member

MEYEEEEER!!! 1-1!!

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Predicting a Petersen goal to win us the game in the last minutes. :cool:

12. Raz

Raz Member

*Overtime ;)

13. Beavis Stiffler

Some PK shootout drama up next.

14. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

i can't even imagine the pressure on these Brazillian players in a PK for the gold medal. unreal

15. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I thought the same, and yet they handled it with aplomb. Not a single nervous-looking penalty in the bunch.

16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Pretty fun watching that, even though I was cheering for Germany.

Epic

17. Beavis Stiffler

Neymar's big moment!!!:)

Now that's drama at the Maracana.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Weverton in the right corner 5/5 times, tough to win against someone like that.

19. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

storybook ending for Neymar and Brazil. awesome to watch

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

oh wow! Could you have scripted the moment any better?