1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 Smart Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BiGGieStuFF, Mar 9, 2016.

1. hlcc

hlcc Member

I'm the exact opposite. I never use a case with any of my phones.

2. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

2016 Google Nexus Leaked

[​IMG]

apparently this is the smaller of the two (though they reportedly look the same in every other regard). looks dope. finally... no camera hump. :grin:

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

What's with all the sensors on the back? What are they for?

4. OmegaSupreme

don't think anyone knows. one for laser auto-focus, another for noise cancellation, and third for ???

5. thejav

thejav Member

Dont really understand the phone craze..id still be on my galaxy S4 if it wasn't stolen.. just paid off my LG G3.. and won't be upgrading to anything anytime soon.. there is really no difference from a phone 3-4 years ago and now.

6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Phone craze is almost dead.

7. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

wow looks kind of like the nexus 4 when i first saw it, which is my fave phone design ever. Androidpolice thought so too, cross of the nex4 and iphone4. hope its priced right.

8. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I think I'm going to keep my 6P till the end of the year when I see the new Nexus price drops or if my battery starts dying faster on me. Ever since I updated to the beta version of Nougat, my batter life is like a new phone again

9. OmegaSupreme

uh-huh. that's what you say. you know you'll be right there hitting f5 with me to preorder. :grin: ;) you, ricky, and miguel.

10. Dave2000

if the price is right, probably....

#TeamNexus

11. OmegaSupreme

yeah... htc isn't known for their good deals. also there's rumors of carrier-branded nexuses. we all know how that turned out with the nexus 6 and it's price. :(

12. Dave2000

That's why I went with Moto X that year. I did get the ZTE Zmax Pro through Metro PCS, that is a bargain of a device for $99. Still have my 6P currently activated but I'll switch to the ZTE Max as my in between phone if I end up getting the next Nexus.

I just wish the Nexus have expandable memory, I can live without it, but it'll be a game changer for me when they support it.

13. SunsRocketsfan

Well to you there might not be a difference but that's just what you need .. for others it might be a world of a difference.

I'm pretty lucky and i get the latest and greatest every year for free through my work but there is a significant difference between the current flagships and a phone from 4 years ago.

14. Rodsolus

Rodsolus Member

Has anyone bought an ZTE Axon 7? if you have what are your thoughts?
    Any complaints? I hear the camera is sub par, also I hear software is kind of terrible.
    Response's appreciated

15. Dave2000

looks like the Nexus brand is dead.... :(
    http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/30/12712722/google-new-nexus-phones-brand-name-change

I think it's dumb they are "adding" to the OS like other OEM's do with their own skins

plus the rumored prices are steering me away from this years HTC flagship
    http://www.gsmarena.com/nexus_sailfish_and_marlin_prices_rumored_to_be_higher_than_5x_and_6p-news-20215.php

$599 for the Marlin one? I'd rather save $200 and go with the Axon 7 or hell, even the Blu Pure XR at $299 doesn't look bad
    http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/8/29/12693650/blu-pure-xr

16. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Yeah I agree they shouldn't add anything to vanilla Android. That's what makes the Nexus so great. I just hope they know what they're doing.

17. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Agreed, my Nexus 5 just died due to a power button issue. I'm not considering paying premium money for a cell phone. Just not worth it regardless if you have the disposable income for one. I love the pure Android experience and will be hard for me to let it go, so I'm probably going to get the Nexus 6p after the price falls a little further.

18. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Note 7 being recalled due to exploding batteries.

19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

iphone 7 isn't worth getting, right?

No headphone jack, nearly the same exact physical design.

Pretty much the iphone 6s 2.0 to hold us over until the 10th year anniversary next year.

Maybe I should just make the jump to Android. Need a new phone after losing my iphone 5s.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sweet. Just got mine a few days ago. :grin: