1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016] Should Morey Keep his job?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Oct 24, 2016.

?

Should Morey keep his job?

Poll closed Oct 31, 2016.
  1. Yes

80.7%
  2. No

19.3%
  1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The interesting thing is, although Les made the MDA hiring, these new players are Morey signings. He's been after EG, RA, and Nene for years now.

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

FIRE MURRAY! FIRE MORLAY!

3. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

Id be fine if he was let go at the end of the season.

4. jae713

jae713 Member

You are suppose to wait till after a loss noob.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Everybody knows where I stand regarding the FO, so I won't beat the point. I think that we should just enjoy this team, getting caught up in the specifics (as I do) is never really beneficial. It won't change anything. I've come to realize that as long as I can watch some post season games I'll be happy.

6. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

The only problem I have with Morey today is he has guys that would have been perfect for us 3 years ago. Ryan, Gordon, Nene... so good with our squad. He let Lin go which isn't *that* big of a deal, but Lin was a capable scorer and had steadily increased his 3pt % in our system. We had to give up a pick to get rid of him. I think that was bad.

Lin/Harden/Parsons/X/Howard was a fun group. It was, it was really fun times watching them youngn's play and have fun. Times change though and rosters do too. That doesn't contend with GS, sadly. In fact it didn't contend with Portland. But dammit we would have been in such a good position if we just developed, or if Bosh didn't pull out. It's all hypothetical.

We have a decent squad going forward. It is no Clippers/Spurs/Warriors but it can contend with anyone else in the west. We will see how they do against those teams too, I mean we dont have a true sample of how they all play together. They are all vets, they need to develop chemistry but they are smart players. How many moves away are we?

So to me, he keeps his job but this needs to be a stellar year. 2nd round of playoffs at the least. Otherwise we are just going backwards and wasting Harden's prime. That's the biggest thing, we have a window. Harden isn't going to be spectacular forever. Same with JJ Watt. I know someone mentioned we might should trade him, if we aren't getting him the help he needs then I am no longer opposed to that. Boogie Cousins would be nice. Also I dont think we should trade him, I think we SHOULD get him another superstar. Howard upset me :(