1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016] Official NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by UtilityPlayer, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

"...going back to high school."

I can't tell if that's better or worse for Tunsil lmao

2. Apps

Apps Member

Honestly, seeing that **** was the first time I actually believed that a player got "hacked". There's no way he put that up himself. I think he even deleted his entire twitter afterwards, which suggests that he knew someone had access to it.

What with his stepdad suspiciously trying to sue him and this video mysteriously being put up, I feel so bad for this kid. I think whoever gets him at this discount is going to win big.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Regardless, why not deactivate all of social media, for the time being? If the video gets put up, then it gets put up. But one should take the necessary steps to not have a "paper trail," so to speak, to have it traced back to you.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chip selecting an Oregon player.

SHOCKER! :grin:

errr I guess Trent Baalke.

5. Apps

Apps Member

I don't think a player should expect that personal pictures, regardless of how stupid or incriminating they are, to be posted on their breached social media for the express purpose of sabotage. Under any circumstances that would be considered paranoid. I think Tunsil just got personally and maliciously screwed by someone close to him.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Tennessee trading with Cleveland for #8. Still get their offensive tackle at eight.

[​IMG]

#46 J.R., Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If Titans get tunsil here that will be well played. Elite tackle prospect

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Is Gruden the guy pointing out all the flaws in every player, tonight? Has a video package on what players do wrong, lol.

9. justtxyank

Noooooooo my boy!

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Right, but if you're vying for a job, or know that employers WILL try to check your character in every way, you should take steps to deactivate social media.

It's not that hard for a person to deactivate an account for a week. Much less draft day.

Obviously, you can't control how other people act, maliciously or not - however, you CAN take steps to protect yourself, even if you don't suspect anything out of the ordinary.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bears trade up to 9 with Tampa. (11 & 4th rounder to Tampa)

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Prior to the video being released, the Ravens had intended to go with Laremy Tunsil. <a href="https://twitter.com/JayGlazer">@JayGlazer</a> explains.<a href="https://t.co/4AmkneB1fv">https://t.co/4AmkneB1fv</a></p>&mdash; FOX Sports: NFL (@NFLonFOX) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/725854576520253443">April 29, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Pretty sure Floyd would have been there 2 picks later, lol.

15. justtxyank

Ian Rappaport just hinted that goodell may suspend tunsil lol

16. Apps

Apps Member

Eh, but have other players done that? My point is that expecting someone to be out to deliberately screw your life really doesn't factor into people's minds. I'm sure there are plenty of players with stupid vids and pics of themselves who also have active social media. They don't expect someone to rummage through and expose their personal files and nor should Tunsil. I just feel bad for the guy, regardless of whether he's an idiot.

Also, it's possible that he really did do it himself (which is very, very unlikely IMO), in which case the conversation would be moot.

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Still, get the guy you want for a fourth... Seems OK to me.

18. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Wow, not disappointing in the drama factor so far.

19. justtxyank

I really hope the Texans end up with tunsil

20. Remix

Remix Member

Did not see Apple going before VH3. Really surprising draft so far