1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Cleveland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 30, 2016.

?

Golden State vs. Cleveland

Poll closed Jun 2, 2016.
  1. Warriors in 4

4.1%
  2. Warriors in 5

12.6%
  3. Warriors in 6

30.6%
  4. Warriors in 7

9.5%
  5. Cavs in 7

14.0%
  6. Cavs in 6

25.7%
  7. Cavs in 5

0.5%
  8. Cavs in 4

3.2%
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Love was explaining to Lebron how he contested/defended a shot. And Lebron is responded to him on what he should of done or what he thought he was supposed to do. Basically, a defensive communication conversation.

It's just a classic example of social media spinning something in a completely different direction. And for laughs, some people actually buying into it without really knowing what happened at that moment

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kyrie had an effective FG% of 80.4%. Per <a href="https://twitter.com/BenAlamarESPN">@BenAlamarESPN</a>, his shot quality was so tough that an avg player would shoot 45.5% on same shots.</p>&mdash; Tom Haberstroh (@tomhaberstroh) <a href="https://twitter.com/tomhaberstroh/status/742750200524111872">June 14, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good to know. And I suppose 1) if Irving and LeBron were on fire, no need to give Love or anyone else shots and 2) the Cavs won and that's all that really matters for them.

Still... not a good look for Love, especially to box score watchers* like myself.

*I only watch Warriors games if I know they lose. I hate them too much to watch them win.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yes, it happens. Not much a tragedy when it's about a basketball game.

More important when the same phenomenon is applied to things that affect people's lives. Luckily we can just goof around, panties flapping unwadded, and have fun in the dish.

Haymitch, I am with you on watching the Warriors usually but last night was delicious. When they cut it to six in the 4th and then Irving scored mercilessly and pushed it to a 13 point lead, was great to see the crowd there.

Agree with those who say Kerr should have given Festus more time in the middle. Warriors were just totally porous with nobody of substance at the rim.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

fwiw: GSW cannot exceed the Bulls record winning % for a title run

GSW is now 88-16
    Bulls won with a 87-13 record

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

I honestly don't see how anyone can interpret that gif as Love trying to high five Bron, getting left hanging; who raises their arm all the way up when trying to high five someone who's about the same height you are? :grin:

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is interesting.

DD

8. kanariya

kanariya Member

Funny how this player and that player are dirty or ass, once they are on your team they should be the DPOY.

9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Kyrie was unstoppable and Lebron was hitting from the perimeter too. GS had a lot of open looks from deep that didn't go down. How likely does that happen for two more games? Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping the Cavs pull the impossible upset. It's just that the Cavs take way harder shots than the Warriors do. Yesterday, they hit nearly all of them.

With Bogut hurt, Lebron really needs to keep forcing his way to the rim. They were playing Barnes at center for stretches, for crying out loud. I understand he might be tired, but he was settling for pull up jumpers over Curry.

10. BigTex

BigTex Member

NBA 1996 Playoffs:
    Won NBA Finals (4-2) versus Seattle SuperSonics (64-18) - record
    Won NBA Eastern Conference Finals (4-0) versus Orlando Magic (60-22)
    Won NBA Eastern Conference Semifinals (4-1) versus New York Knicks (47-35)
    Won NBA Eastern Conference First Round (3-0) versus Miami Heat (42-40)

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

that's the thing, if GSW and Cavs take equally horrible shots, GSW will just win because they have better shooters.

Lebron needs to attack and attack and hope Warriors doesn't catch fire

12. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Two major things on offense: he couldn't make a three, and he was pretty bad in the post. He often took too long and they would eventually double and strip him. Despite being a good passer he could not find the open man (not necessarily his fault every time because people didn't make themselves available).

He's going to have to be quicker and more assertive the instant he receives the ball. On defense he was ok, sometimes contesting the shot and other times fouling, whether it was in the paint or long range. He put in a good amount of effort, which may be why he wasn't in position to get as many boards as usual. His biggest liability is chasing down wide open shooters off a switch, confusion, whatever the reason whereas Jefferson would be more effective.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

JVG likes to say that the NBA is a "make or miss" league. A big part of last night was simply a mater of Cavs making everything they throw up (all these Kyrie bank shots and also LeBron having one of his good jump-shooting games) and GS missing a of shots, particularly open 3s, that they normally make at a higher rate. In the 2nd half, especially, GS got quality looks and still shot only 3-21 from the arc.

Of course, there are other games where GS is unusually hot for even for their standard and other weird things happening in a series. So, we'll see about Game 6, and maybe Game 7.

Draymond's absence hurt, particularly with Bogut also getting injured so the defense suffered. Maybe Kyrie would still have made all these running bank shots, but I'd imagine Draymond would at least have made him a little less comfortable.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Klay breath must stink <a href="https://t.co/b7tS8ZSp2i">https://t.co/b7tS8ZSp2i</a></p>&mdash; M. Salinas (@okMute) <a href="https://twitter.com/okMute/status/742776900334936064">June 14, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

They already weren't as great as that Bulls team. The Thunder series alone cemented that.

16. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Bulls would have swept the current Golden State team, especially with the way Curry playing like he did in those finals.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

:eek: umm... let's see... old guys like Deckard? Yeah, him! Not me.

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I'm loving Curry getting destroyed on defense in these playoffs. Not to mention his offense has dropped a lot because he's actually having to play D in the playoffs this year.

19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

The real MVP

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Jordan would've averaged 50 if no one could touch him like in today's rules.