1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 Free Agency Ideas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Apr 28, 2016.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

So are getting any sit downs with anyone worth a damn? Smh

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

#943 J.R., Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  4. malakas

malakas Member

why do some people insist on clicking and believing everything that comes from **** sites like yibada. I didn't even click on it and I could tell you from the beggining it was BS.

Anyway so Whiteside hasn't narrowed it down. Several red flags in what he's saying in that interview. The last thing he needs is to get flattered and have his head get full of hot air again and it seems that this has already happened.

5. dmoneybangbang

My semi-crazy free agency idea:

Hand two bags of money labeled "max" to Beal and Horford respectively, make some dealz, and trot out this lineup:

KJ/AB
    Beal/KJ/Harden
    Harden/Ariza/KJ
    Horford/BeasleyHarrell
    Capela/Harrell/Horford

6. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Horford, Capella
    Anderson, Beasley
    Ariza, Corey
    Harden, KJ
    Bev, Lin......Would be the best we could do in free agency besides Durant.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I would Max out Beal; he's a star waiting to happen if he can shake the injuries. I don't care about the position issue. I like harden at the 2, but he can play 1-3 so it's fine. Beal would be a solid building block! I bet Washington would match though.

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Three guy's I'd like to have - Batum , Whiteside & C.Lee.

Batum is an upgrade over Ariza on both ends.

Whiteside replaces Dwert without the crybaby give me the ball stuff.

Lee fits perfectly in the back court with Harden.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

1). Durant
    2). Conley
    3). Beal
    4). Whiteside
    5). Fournier

Morey has to get two of these five.

#949 Aruba77, Jun 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  10. FeaR

FeaR Member

Durant, Fournier(RFA), Beal and Conley are not coming here.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Morey has to nothing, other than sittin on his arse, playing table tennis, stuffing himself with food.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

With 5 centers, there has to be a trade opportunity there somewhere. Cousins or Cauley-Stein are on their way out.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I was looking at how things might play out with the free agents, who the suitors are and our chances for landing certain players and this is what I saw.

Conley

Competitive teams that need a PG

Bulls (Just Butler, weak roster)
    Grizzles (old, weak roster) * more money
    Magic (weak roster)
    Mavs (old, weak roster)
    Rockets (Just Harden, weak roster)
    Spurs (perfect landing spot)

6 teams, and only one roster is clear cut better team the rest of the group, and that's the Spurs of course. Whether they want him or not, I don't know, they may get Durant or Gasol, they may feel comfortable will Parker/Mills rotation and don't want to waive Diaw/move Green to free up the space etc.

I legitimately believe we have about as good a shot if not better then any other team for him if the Spurs pass(big if)

Whiteside/Horford/Gasol

The free agency market for a top big is tougher for us, I think our chances of landing Horford, Gasol or Whiteside are slim as there will be plenty of competitive offers for them. GS, Blazers, Heat, Pacers, NYK, Hornets, Hawks and Celtics all have big holes at the center position and max space. I would also cross Gasol out especially because he and MDA butted heads really bad in LA from what I remember.

Rondo

Will be interesting to see where he goes, I thought Rondo was NYK bound until Rose took his spot. I feel like Houston could have Rondo if they wanted but I'm not sure they want him considering his age/character/health issues/money he will demand and risk with his and Hardens play styles clashing.

Howard

Our best chance with landing a top big man IMO will be paying more then anyone else will for Howard and or giving him that extra year. He will have the same suitors as Whiteside, Gasol and Horford will, our only edge is extra money and we will have to use it to get him back. This is all if he even wants to be back, can't tell how bad the the chemistry with him and Harden really is or if its media hype.

DeRozan/Batum/Beal/Clarkson

Seem like locks to return to their teams. Beal and Clarkson will very likely be matched, DD and Batum love their teams and can get paid the most/extra year.

Best realistic free agency scenario for us?

Best IMO is Spurs get Durant or for some reason pass on Conley (big if), we then sign Conley, and re-sign Howard. Which is still pretty dam far fetched considering the variables.

We will likely be left with middle tier free agent options that we will have to overpay for (match what trash teams with space will offer) Examples: Parsons, Bazemore, Anderson, Gordon, Deng, Williams, Noah, Lin. Then some RFA's Barnes, Fournier, Crabbe

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not sure Cousins is going to be traded, in fact i think he's not, i just don't see the Kings with that ownership trading their franchise player -> since they're not getting another franchise player back in any case BUT, it's just a matter of time with Boogie, he'll ask out next season when he'll be in the last year of his contract, and he'll have power to chose his destination, i feel we may have a good chance to bring him here in one way or another if we want to. I'm not sure he's a great fit with Harden honestly, but that's another story.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i think Conley would be just perfect for the Spurs, but they probably need a center more as today, not sure, in fact it seems they're pretty weak in both spots going forward...

Whiteside i think ends up in LA or Dallas, i don't think Morey will offer him a max, too risky...

Horford is probably staying in Atlanta or he'll go in Miami imo, he would've been perfect here with Durant but welp...

Gasol i still say Spurs.

Rondo will probably stay with the Kings, i just don't see other teams going after him and pay him more than SacTown.

Dwight is gone imo, not a chance that after 10 years he suddenly become a smarter player to understand what is best for him and the team he's playing with...i'd say Dallas, Miami, New York, Charlotte (not sure they can sign him though), Portland would be a good fit but i don't think he's going there...

Durant i think is staying in OKC one year.

(DeRozan/Batum/Beal/Clarkson) these guys are staying or maybe Batum is going to the Warriors.

That leaves us with...
    ok players with huge contracts...eh, i feel it's going to be a sad summer for us...i think we'll do fine in regular season and maybe even playoff but yeah, no splash is coming for us at this point, Morey should just keep the team competitive enough to make the playoffs to keep Le$ happy so he doesn't fire him, and try to collect assets for next year when you may see George and Boogie asking out.

16. FeaR

FeaR Member

With or without Les/Morey, Houston was never an attractive nba market. I doubt a different GM, Owner could change that.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...shoppers-guide-to-this-years-nba-free-agents/

http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/stor...s-kevin-pelton-lebron-james-kevin-durant-more

#957 J.R., Jun 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  18. lionaire

lionaire Member

Bev/Seth Curry
    Harden/Lee
    Ariza/KJ
    Horford/Trezz/Beasley
    Capela/DMo/Onuaku

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lee is not coming dude, to expensive and he's looking to a starter spot...well, he can play as a starter here, but i don't think we want to pay him.

Seth and Horford are ok targets imo, but without Durant i don't think Horford is coming here...and maybe it's also better for us, i love Horford, but i think that max him to be your second best player is not necessarily the right move...but with that said, if the alternative is to throw 17/20x to Ryan Anderson, than go for Horford at the max with no doubt.

20. kevtse

kevtse Member

This is a tricky offseason for Morey. With a large cap to spend without real stars willing to join. Most likely we are going to overpay a few border stars and get screwed for the next few years.

1 person likes this.