1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 Free Agency Ideas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Noah and Lee would be nice role players. Lot of fight and grit in their game. Something the Rockets sorely lacked.

2. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Keep in mind, the warriors offered him 16 million a year last year.

3. koby1868

koby1868 Member

That should stop us from making an offer if we are interested.

4. Sanity2disChaos

these 3 guys would change the face of the franchise. You get two constant professionals in Horford and Gasol and a hard nose bulldog in Rondo.

I would think Horford would demand the most money but all three would stretch us thin I would think.

Rondo
    Harden
    Ariza (if not traded in a package deal with jones)
    Horford
    Gasol

5. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Triple H? I see what you did.

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I could see the rockets completely missing on all FA additions, but then using the cap space to help another team swing for a FA they couldn't sign on their own with. The Rockets will not lure Durant, but who is to say they couldn't help a team make room for Durant.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He seems like he's a great player that will deserve his max. Young. Plays the right way. He's on the right team. Acts the right way. Then you watch him play and you're like.... hmm.... something is missing.

I've seen emerging wings like Middleton, Leonard, Batum and Hayward show me more than Barnes has so far. And now I'm seeing more that interests me from players like Rodney Hood & TJ Warren (who are not on Barnes' current level, yet).

I look at Barnes and he feels like a Gary Neal tier guy to me. Worth some good money, moves the needle, great fit, but he's not your #2 on a contender.

1 person likes this.
  8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

to follow up on my previous post...

Ekpe Udoh
    28yrs old (matured, in his prime)
    6-10 240

72%FT (no hacks)

Has always been above average shot blocker..his defense shouldn't be an issue. Not a great rebounder, but at the 4, production should be solid at about 8 boards a game.

Offensively, he can actually threaten to take a mid-range jumper. He's fluid, as a big, with the ball. His shot looks good enough, where he might be able to take some threes..maybe.

Effort, in general, looks good. Good character.

I think that's an improvement over most of our 4s....although he'd be a back up, but still the type of player we can actually get some use out of.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HnHv3yR4eIM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#68 RV6, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  9. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

It's very hard to say prior to knowing who our head coach will be. The system could be drastically different therefor the players needed will be drastically different. Good news for the next head coach is there should be extreme flexibility this offseason.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

But can he play the 5?

Because i'm not sure we're going to have problems in the 4 spot from the bench...Beasley and Harrell will probably be here, maybe even D.Mo...

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I don't think DMo will be back..and Beasley is a bargain, but they'd have to decline him to open up all the cap space, i believe, which may be necessary.

I don't see why he can't play the 5, when a team goes small. Regularly? Probably not...but then again, you never know with the small ball movement.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R9aFJTrbn5g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

It seems so yeah, would be interesting to see his salary in Turkey...

13. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Fixed

14. malakas

malakas Member

Ekpeh udoh sucks. He doesnt have hands he has tallons.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I almost feel like its a bit pointless to discuss... because I think everyone has pretty much the same list.

Durant = option 1
    Horford = option 2
    Then the rest of the guys tiered.

They either like the Rockets new pitches and offers or don't.

Who knows.

I think its helpful to look at trade potential, too. And that, frankly, is where Ariza comes in. I'd rather keep him, and move Brewer, but you have to trade value to get value.

Since Ariza is our only real tradeable asset left, it makes sense then for the Rockets to be thinking a lot about a SF in free agency. Because it'd be great to get Durant and Horford, or Batum and Horford, and then have the option of moving Ariza for something else useful.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Kawhi's hands are tallonesque or nah? :p

17. dream2franchise

It may have been mentioned already, but I feel the Rockets really need to place an emphasis on high IQ players.

Dudley is a great example of this, we have Dmo already and I think adding a player like Conley (I don't feel Durant is attainable) will help tremendously.

The Warriors have great shooters, but that they have several high IQ players in Curry, Green, Bogut, Livingston and Iggy. Their ability to think on their feet is what separates them from the rest of the league.

18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I love Conley , not sure if he is the best fit with harden ( I don't know how good his dribble penetration is ) but he is my number 1 .

KD ain't coming don't waste time .

Aside from Conley , Batum is a great get . Would love and pushes Ariza to the bench .
    Time to bring Sergio over
    A few high upsideish warm bodies at center and pf would be nice .

Beasley is our best trade asset and his value will never be higher , expect to see him flipped .

19. malakas

malakas Member

Ariza isnt our only tradeable asset.
    Except for harden and Ariza there is all our picks ,second rounders, capela, harrell, kj, dekker and beverly. Also dmos bird rights. (Not likely that those are worth anything).
    They may not all of them worth much but all of them have positive value and are fully tradeable.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Horford is only a year younger than Howard. It looks like we may return to the no 8 no 9 seed days until harden decides to leave.