1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 Free Agency Ideas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Moahst

Moahst Member

Ryan Anderson + Joe Johnson to play the four and three.

2. King901

King901 Member

Johnson is staying in Miami

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Some of ya'll need to step back from the precipice. The newbies I can kind of understand. Most are from the smart-phone blink-blink thought-is-gone generation. But some of you who have been here awhile?

I'm not saying we're going to get some huge free agent haul. But some of you are acting like our best bet is to hope Jeremy Lin comes back, if we beg him.

4. Since75

Since75 Member

The task was to compare the top 4 teams in the west to the proposed roster. I'm not the least bit concerned with a limited offensive front line of Gobert/ Favors. Gasol and Zbo have yet to make a conference finals. Then you speculate about a Pao/ Aldrige pairing.

The top 4 teams in the West:

Golden State ( doesn't rely on Bogut/Green for their offense) Won't change their philosophy because of a perceived weakness at any position.

Oklahoma City( ditto for Steven Adams/Ibaka

San Antonio ( Aldridge will always be a mismatch. Duncan is done)

LA Clippers ( Griffin will score. Deandre Jordan hasn't scored with an offensive move other than a dunk since middle school)

I will add Portland just for grins. Meyers Leonard and Plumlee. (Enough said)

I never said that the 4 spot with the proposed lineup would dominate. Its the total team together with the shooters and scorers with that proposed team that would be extremely competitive.

If rebounding is your argument it doesn't hold water either. Where exactly do the Warriors rank in rebounding? Every team in the league is trying to copy the freaking Warriors. My proposed lineup was not made with them in mind. But It actually matches up with them. It was based on the type of players who for the players needed for D'antoni's offense and who Harden needs around him.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Dude, i'm just saying that you're clearly overestimating some players. It's not just one thing, rebounding, presence in the paint, ability to switch multiple positions, creating...are you really still saying that that team will be able to compete with anybody? Who's the second ball handler in that team though? And the second scorer? Crabbe?

I mean, you can argue that for you Gasol and Z.Bo are done, that LMA will score regardless, that Draymond is zero on offense etc...i personally disagree in almost everything you said here but, this would just be the weakest starting front court in the west, maybe in the league, how can you even think it'll compete with the best teams?

Again, it's everything, that's just not good enough.

6. Since75

Since75 Member

I will say this and I'm done. Never said the front court was dominant. What I will say is that the perimeter players listed would be very competitive. You can change the narrative all you like. I never said Green had no offense. Deandre Jordan has no offense.

Bottom line. A team with Harden. Bazemore Crabbe Gordon and Jennings is a very strong offensive team with shooters and scorers who also have the ability to create their own shot. Compare this group of players assembled with the Rockets with those teams you mentioned in your post. Utah San Antonio Memphis. If you're honest about It you will understand my original point. No team has a star or superstar at every position. The Thunder have 2 Superstars and have been to theFinals once. It takes more than a couple of great players to win.it all. Your idea that the proposed team wouldn't be competitive is ridiculous.

7. Since75

Since75 Member

To answer Your second scorer question it could very easily be Bazemore or Crabbe or how about this novel idea? Maybe theyd have balanced scoring. So by the way was the 2nd scorer for the Rockets this year? If it's Dwight Howard I rest my case. Big names don't win games or Championships. How successful have the Rockets been this car with the big name player philosophy over the past 3 years?

8. Since75

Since75 Member

Correction. This year.

9. Since75

Since75 Member

The second ball handler? Pick one. Jennings, Gordon, Bazemore. All 3 have the ability to great off the dribble. Are you eve looking at the names or just being contrary and disagreeable?

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, you said "Golden State (doesn't rely on Bogut/Green for their offense)"...but anyway, we were talking about the team overall, which is not good enough. Than we can argue about front court, back court...personally i think that front court is just bad, back court is fine/good, just not that good, especially considering the rest of the starting lineup, that's all i was saying.

And again, my point is just that with that team there's no way you can compete with the best teams, that's all i'm saying, if you think that with Capela, Mirza, Crabbe, Baze, Harden you can compete with Spurs, Warriors, Clippers, Thunder you're just wrong. Maybe (or probably if you like it more) you can compete and win with the Mavs, Jazz, Blazers...but for what? 7/8th place?

Well, you cannot talk about big name philosophy naming the Rockets since they had one superstar and one very good player (but certainly not a superstar) who wasn't even at 90% of his physical condition most of the time...but yeah, i understand your point and it's sharable, balanced scoring is ok but you still need very good proven players to win with it, Baze and Crabbe are far from this status honestly.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Absolutely not, i've no reason to act like a dick, i also told you that i like Baze, Crabbe seems good too but i'm still not sure about him as a starter in the long time...also, it's not like i jumped on you, you asked for opinions and i just gived you mine :)

Gordon is probably one of the three most injured players in the league now, Jennings is coming from achilles...i've not see him play in Orlando honestly, but not sure it's a good idea and i never liked him anyway. Let's say i'm really ok with Baze (as a plan C anyway cause i go after big names first :grin:), not sure about Crabbe, but absolutely against Gordon, Jennings and Mirza (as a starter).

12. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Once again the rockets go into the season dreaming of signing someone else players vs drafting and developing their own. Its been like this since Morey has taken over.

13. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I want to see your analysis of NBA history that makes you conclude this way, cuz it seems like a pretty ignorant statement

14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

My two cents
    Horford,/ Capella
    Beasley/ T Jones, Harrell
    Ariza/ Decker
    Harden/Mcdaniels
    Beverly/ Lin or Sergio

15. hvic

hvic Member

no one will be coming here

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL T Jones? He's probably not going to be playing in America

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

You still have about 10-15 mil in cap room to sign another player(s).

Who you picking up?

18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

No one as in big names? That's a strong possibility.

But if you think no player will sign here at all? You my friend have been on clutchfans to much this year listening to all the knee jerk morons on here.

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Harrison Barnes

20. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Im waiting.on you bro help.me.out...