1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 Draft: QB Progress Watch

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Honey Bear, Oct 9, 2015.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I admit to having overlooked Dak also, just because he wasn't so consistently brought up as a top option. But then you take a step back, and Russell Wilson comparison's aside, this is a dude that isn't the tallest, but has the size, had 2 really solid years as a Jr/Sr.

There are questions about his performance in the big games. They lost every "big game" this year, and while Dak wasn't bad in them - maybe excepting Alabama - he clearly also thrived against the lesser competition.

I am curious from those that have watched him extensively about his QQ IQ, how he moves in the pocket, how he performs under pressure, and what the negatives were that previously had him not so high on the draft boards?

There is something about him that makes you think he might not be an Aaron Rodgers type, but could come in and start immediately as a game manager that could take the team far in the playoffs, and get better as a QB prospect himself over the years.. frankly very similar to Wilson, or even Tom Brady, who was the ultimate game manager at first.

#1301 JayZ750, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jack Conklin says Connor Cook's lack of leadership skills is &quot;overblown&quot; story. &quot;Connor is the leader on our team. Ask anyone on our team.&quot;</p>&mdash; CollegeFootball 24/7 (@NFL_CFB) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL_CFB/status/702591990886703108">February 24, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Fantasma Negro

Been listening to natinal radio for a while to get the feel on this draft and Dakota Prescott just keeps coming up. I think there's something for brass to evaluate. He's not going to blow you away with anything but he is very solid passer and runner. Could be the guy we've been looking for and he should be there in the second

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The more QB's that are rated favorably the better. I stand by my assessment that this is probably a better QB year than most. It's just that every time draft season comes around people love to bash all the QB's and proclaim next year as "the true great QB class".

5. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

How come everyone gets the coachbadlee/Cardale love affair but you? One of my favorite CF "subplots" is his undying love and your absolute, steadfast lack of humor about it.

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't really think it's that difficult of a position for them...they need to draft a QB for the future. Best case scenario Romo has 2 years left and that gives them plenty of time to thoroughly develop a QB from this class (and most appear to need time to develop). The more than likely case is that Romo struggles to make it through this year and misses games, thus giving their new Qb some baptism by fire.

The smart thing for them to do is draft a QB...but they probably won't for that very same reason.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I honestly think he's serious about his love for Cardale and sure, I think it's funny, but every once in a while a dash of reality doesn't hurt.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Unbiased opinion says Wentz is literally THE PERFECT QB prospect to out behind Romo.

I think he goes number two, though. Because of that, they may not take a QB till the second.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

So you think I'm funny?