1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 Draft: QB Progress Watch

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Honey Bear, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I've been hyping him up for about a month, saying he'll be the best guy in this class.

It's too bad he broke his wrist. His film is very impressive. I said it before, if he had gone to a power five school, he'd be a top 3 pick in the draft. Extremely impressed with him.

I've been saying we should draft him in the third, then the second, but now, I'm thinking that after the senior bowl, it'll have to be in the first. If he doesn't go by our pick, someone will jump up at the end of the first and snag him.

I said a page or two back that he has similar enough qualities to Hoyer that I wouldn't mind for him to study behind Hoyer for a year.

That may scare some people, but he's get obviously vastly more potential than Hoyer. This sounds weird, but I see a mix of Favre and Luck in him, as well. Not saying he'll be that good, by any means, but, playing at that competition level, those are the guys he reminds me of.

#401 Two Sandwiches, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Connor Cook is really inaccurate. I thought he was supposed to be an early round pick. I'm definitely not impressed.

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I haven't been watching the whole game, but that throw for the first down he just had between two defenders was nice. Fit it in perfectly.

He is very inconsistent with his accuracy, most definitely.

4. Major

Major Member

I don't know what he looks like normally, but he's playing through an injury to his throwing shoulder these last two weeks.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

That was a beautiful throw, no doubt.

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'm slowly backing my way off team Cook. I know he was injured and his team still won but there were too many times the past few games that gave me more doubt about his future. He'll probably be available in the third.

7. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Doubtful. There are about a half dozen teams in need of a QB and Goff will still rate out as a top 3 QB.

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

If at the end of the season...The Texans either make the playoffs OR sit at home watching the playoffs...

Would you rather...
    a. Exchange this year's #1 and 2 more #1 picks for a top 5 pick. (Thats basically a spot that the Texans can ensure they get the QB their are looking for.)

OR...

b. Just wait and hope someone they like falls...

I cant imagine any scenario where the Texans dont try drafting a QB with their first pick.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You can bet the Texans are going after Hackenberg who is going to fall.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

They can wait for Cook to fall. I rather take a shot on Wentz who is being touted with a first round grade

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

hackenburg looked really good in a Bill OBrien offense...but has really looked like an avg college QB since...

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, which is why he has such an awful draft grade. They could have him on the 2nd day of the draft if they wanted him, which given BOB's history of sticking with his own guys, I have no reason to think they won't.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

Option a is too high of a price IMO, especially since there isn't a guaranteed unanimous franchise QB in this draft. Plus the Texans actually do a good job with their 1st round picks so I would hesitate given them away.

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

For this years QB crop? No way in hell.

Most likely scenario. Maybe they try to move up a couple of spots if need be, but very little chance of them moving into the Top 5, and certainly not at the cost of three 1st round picks.

Oh, I easily can. If all the QBs worthy of going in the first get drafted before the Texans pick, they could (and should) opt for another position and look to round 2 for a QB. I'd rather not overdraft somebody like Hack in the first round. If Lynch, Goff, and Cook are gone and somehow Ezekial Elliot is still there, I think the Texans go RB.

#414 Cannonball, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Brian T. Smith

#Texans owner Bob McNair on franchise needing to invest in a QB this offseason via draft: "Oh, yeah. Absolutely. Yes. The answer is yes."
    4:16 PM - 15 Dec 2015

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

After 13 years Uncle Bob is finally awake

17. Raven

Raven Member

No way that it takes three first round picks to move up. Not unless the QB is available is a surefire can't miss prospect, and those guys are once every ten years. No one is going to do what Washington did. Not for a long time.

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Draft a QB in the late 2nd or 3rd and go after Brees hard!!!

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Except for the Brees part.