1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016-2017] Jeremy Lin as a Brooklyn Net

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 1, 2016.

1. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

So you ARE watching the rockets in spite of your beliefs? Come on man, you're burying yourself here.

2. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Yup...Harden (and anyone else for that matter) can do whatever he wants. And people can choose whether or not they want to be a fan with whatever criteria they want. I don't hate him. Just not looking to buy his jersey or anything like that.

And I've said it before...I like Patrick Beverley for what he is...a very good role player.

#1862 yoeddy, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  3. yoeddy

Huh? Am I not allowed to watch the Rockets if I am not a fan of the Rockets? Do you not watch NBA games that feature teams other than the Rockets? If the Rockets are playing another good team on a nationally televised game, sure I will watch. I love good basketball. What does that have to do with my not being a fan of James Harden or not being a Rockets fan?

All I said was that my dislike of Morey and Harden are factors in what keeps me from being a Rockets fan. Doesn't mean I don't like great basketball or can't watch the team if they are playing.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Let's all pretend we know exactly how many times NBA players over indulge themselves at strip clubs

5. yoeddy

So are you saying that Harden didn't have a reputation for hitting the strip clubs frequently? Seemed like fans talked a lot about it in GARM before.

And why do we need to know "exactly"? For example, I think it's a pretty safe bet that Tim Duncan or Yao Ming weren't frequent visitors of strip clubs (tho Yao did say to Artest "see you at the club"...). I also doubt Mutumbo went to strip clubs much. I also like these guys because they are humble. Harden's "I'm the best player on the planet" boasting also shows a lack of class IMHO.

6. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

But you like Lin?

7. yoeddy

Yup!

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I have saying you have absolutely no frames of reference of how frequently athletes party. There are hundreds of players in the league, there are only rumors of reputations. Harden probably frequently visits strip clubs, but there's nothing really to compare it too. Some players keep on the down low, some players don't really care, some players are not known enough to be recognized at strip clubs.

What players do on their spare time are mostly hearsay, they travel so much, and no one really follows them around to see what they actually do.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lin doesn't go to strip clubs, he just gets the ball stripped from him by Mo Williams
    Strippers have never caused the Rockets to lose a critical playoff game, but Lin has

10. toycannon

toycannon Member

Cmon guys...Rockets Warriors tonight and we are fighting about the MVP of the Portland Playoff series??

11. tinman

Supporting Member

you mean cmon yoeddy, he's the last LOF standing

12. yoeddy

That's fine. Harden might be a super-good guy for all we know. But I can only go by what I read and hear. My impression is that there are far more low-character guys in the NBA than high-character guys, but that is just an impression. If anyone here has any news or evidence that Harden is in fact a high character guy, I'd love to see it. Maybe it will change my mind.

13. yoeddy

You can choose what threads you read. No one is twisting your arm to be here.

14. yoeddy

I've told you a zillion times, I am not a LOF. I am a LF and a basketball fan. And I am sitting, not standing.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

So Lin and basketball aren't together ? Sounds about right , like when Lin and the basketball being stolen from him

16. yoeddy

Good thing he got it back in Game 5...

17. tinman

Supporting Member

good thing we (rockets) traded (gave him) to the lakers

toycannon likes this.
  18. toycannon

toycannon Member

We did not trade him since we did not get anything of value back...we gave him away with a draft pick to the lakers.

19. yoeddy

The Rockets got cap space, which helped them sign players and build a deeper roster.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

yeah we did, you know many LOFs left this site? Thank you Morey!