1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016/2017 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, Jun 23, 2016.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Finally a viable fantasy option at the back

2. PhiSlammaJamma

Spain maul Liechtenstein: Am I the only one who thought Liechtenstein was a fictional location from the movie A Knight's Tale, where was Heath Ledger.

Iceland hold Ukraine: They played in an empty stadium, which almost make it look like a pixelated video game, what was up with that?

3. Raz

Raz Member

I guess you are the only one. We are mainly well-educated Europeans in here :p

Ukraine have been condemned to play one game without spectators because of racist chants and Nazi signs by their fans towards a black player.

4. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Ridiculous to claim that Hart is better than Neur. That was never stated, I said the upgrade to Neur is not worth the price paid relative to the quality you get in Hart. I have to admit Hart struggled last year, he's a very good goalie I think people don't realize how shaky City's defense was last year. He kept them in many games. However as someone else mentioned he's made quite a few mental miscues over the years .

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Really? You're just going to change your tune like that.

6. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Well I'm not changing my tune. That quote does not null or counter anything I have said. It is debateable, you have to hear the argument to make a judgement. You seem to be reading too much into the quote with your own assumptions. Since this seems a little complicated for you, I will repeat, the return you get from buying Neur relative to the quality comparison with Hart, it does not make it a worthwhile investment. Given you already own Hart. IF however you were to simply discuss which player is better than the other, then the argument is different. However, my team is Man City, and they already have Hart, so I was taking that perspective. I think reading the history of where you extracted that quote will show just that.

Anyway, big Manchester game coming up, should be interesting. I think Man City will take it, they haven't hit their stride yet they are still winning games. John Stones was a great investment, this kid will be a stud in a couple years.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

ManCity will be without Aguero for 3 weeks due to suspension. I think Ibra will break their defense.

Speaking of which, need to fix fantasy team.

8. Raz

Raz Member

Are you still on that track or did you change your view? I mean, Neuer is the best in the world by far and a bona fide gamechanger, Hart just got dumped to a mediocre Italian team with no European ambitions whatsoever after playing a horrible EURO tournament.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

City get the win. Smashing game. KDB is just too good.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Ultimately that first half dominance by City was too much to overcome despite Bravo gifting us a well taken goal. United threw everything in the 2nd half but just couldn't get the job done. Good game overall to start the EPL weekend.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

LFC with a thrashing of the champs. I really don't know what to expect from LFC. One week they can get raped by a bottom team, he next they would dominate.

12. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

On the other hand, Daley Blind is just too bad. :eek:

13. Raz

Raz Member

Champions League is finally back! If that music doesn't give you goosebumps, you never loved football...

14. Raz

Raz Member

And that music is not playing in Manchester, because the City vs Gladbach game got postponed due to rain. Damn and I'm melting here in Germany...

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I managed to forget that there's CL today, ha. Good thing it was only vs Rostov and not Atletico, wouldn't want to miss that one.

16. Raz

Raz Member

You didn't miss too much. Rostov was defending all night, Bayern beat them with ease. Hummels may got hurt after a kick in the face.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Watched highlights of PSG - Arsenal Cavani was dreadful, missing easy chance after easy chance. The last time I recall watching Cavani it was the same thing with him missing some clear cut scoring opportunities.

18. Raz

Raz Member

City vs Gladbach has been scheduled to 20.45 CEST on Wednesday, so simultaneous to the other games.

That's what happened in Manchester...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The drama of the lightning storm above the Etihad Stadium tonight captured by <a href="https://twitter.com/LibbyLibbyh7">@LibbyLibbyh7</a>. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/mcfc?src=hash">#mcfc</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/cityvbmg?src=hash">#cityvbmg</a> <a href="https://t.co/dvtDl0R8Wd">pic.twitter.com/dvtDl0R8Wd</a></p>&mdash; Manchester City (@ManCity) <a href="https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/775765899294994433">13. September 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Celtic got smashed by Barca. Hoping for City to smash Gladbach tonight as well. Super excited to see Barca and City. Glad we will miss them in the knockout rounds.

20. Raz

Raz Member

5-0, 6-0, 7-0... the Group Stage gets more and more dispensable. Thanks, Platini.