1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016-2017] Donatas Motiejunas as a New Orleans Pelican

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Snow Villiers, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

So did Morey and the fans. This problem was all in D-Mo's head, likely because he made the mistake of listening to BJ, the devil on his shoulder. And he pouted his way right out of a much better deal with one of the top teams in the league. Who, again, wanted him back and offered him more than anyone else. He bit the hand that fed him. Best of luck to him. I'm glad we're not dealing with this petty distraction anymore.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

6 weeks ago he did.....

Pen15clubber and Batman Jones like this.
  3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

when did he become a stretch 4? based on those practice videos?

how much should the rockets pay for that?

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

By design I did not call D-Mo a "Stretch 4." Specifically I was more saying those other bigs CAN'T or don't, when D-Mo sometimes at least can flash that dimension when they don't. 1 out of 4 of his shot attempts were 3's, around 2 attempts/gm. That happened in games not practice. We're obviously not seeing Harrell do that in NBA games.

The price Rockets agreed to sign him with is the price. Even with the no-trade restrictrictions, the Rockets thought it fair enough value (that actually would be below market if he was to stay healthy. And there was NO RISK in the revised deal, dump him or trade him in offseason if he slipped). I said at WORSE he's frontcourt depth not at BEST. Meaning there isnt much downside past health. And there should be expectations to EXCEED that, yes BECAUSE he'd be getting paid.

I'm not trying to complicate and revise things. Put all the drama and distraction to the side, its pretty straight-forward. (Frankly I'm ok with how it ended up. He loses, Rockets still in great shape)

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

who cares about dmo at this point. he's gone and a lot of this he put on himself and now his value like i said is at an all time low and hes playing at the minimum. The rockets are doing just fine without him. the MDA wanted him point is a gimmick. What else is the coach supposed to say for a player that's still pending on the team.

Rox11 likes this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well this is a DMo as a Pelican thread in the Dish, just like any ex-Rocket as whatever thread.

DMo is no longer interesting as a player. But his whole RFA saga is still epic. It will take some time for the interest to die down.

Here, let me insert some DMoF comment obligated for this kind of thread: The Pels could have beaten Cleveland last night had DMo reported sooner. :D

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DMo to wear #12. So that makes Dwight obsolete. Cleverly disguised Dwight-bashing comment.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

DMo is a stretch 4/5.

DD

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Unfortunately for D-Mo, #20 is already taken by Quincy Pondexter.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

OK, I'm now going to change my position and say the Rockets did indeed void the contract because of a failed physical

This also means I can no longer say DMo screwed up by not taking the QO or any other direct offers from the Rockets, as obviously he would have just failed the same physical. No contract was as good for Morey as the one he voided. So he would have voided them all

That said, DMo still screwed up by failing to appear for the match. Morey voiding that contract doesn't hurt DMo, because it immediately makes the Nets offer sheet an official contract. Total fick up on his part. Mindboggling stupid prolly due to letting emotions get to him shiwing immaturity in the form of self-defeating ego

As far as his Pels season goes, I'm also betting if he doesn't get minutes over TJones soon, the DMoFs will cry Davis his calling the shots and supporting his UK teammate

Rocket River and Batman Jones like this.
  11. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Because BBholic doesn't care about being wrong. He's an entertainer, man. He just chooses to entertain in a very weird and interesting way but it works for him. At the rate BBholic is going he is destined to become a member of Trumps cabinet soon and we should all be happy that we have one of our own helping shape policy in our nation.

Yule C

Pen15clubber likes this.
  12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

That's a stretch

13. opticon

opticon Member

Why the change in position?
    Honestly want to know.
    No sarcasm on my part.

14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Is he really BtheG in D&D? I finally had to put the fellow, whoever he really is, on ignore because his posts in the Basement were simply too exasperating. Life is too short, etc. and so on. Now that I think about, I get your drift, Batman.

16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

no press conference :)

18. Normalus

Normalus Member

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They got an interesting front court, not that it will amount to much more wins though.

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Jones and dmo back together again. What a story book ending

daywalker02 likes this.