1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016-2017] Donatas Motiejunas as a New Orleans Pelican

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Snow Villiers, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

as if I f'ing care, this is just a message board . . .

just kidding. :p good post.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Wow. Fire your agent Dmo.

You could be getting more money AND playing starting center RIGHT NOW (On a much better team...). I don't care what he says, he has to be regretting this decision. I have a feeling it all came down to a little grudge he had for being traded to Detroit paired with his agent being terrible.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

What a miscalculation by DMo and his agent, BJ.

Form an agent perspective, it's basically the case study on how the be the worst agent possible. Completely wrong on the initial FA market, completely wrong on decision to hold out, completely wrong on decision to not take QO or slightly better offer, sign a tender sheet having no freaking clue that the bonus portion wouldn't be matched, deciding to hold out on the physical, renegotiating with the Rockets without a firm grasp of the league office interpretation of whether that is even possible or not, becoming an unrestricted FA, and then settling for peanuts compared to what he could have got at any other point in the process.

Completely clueless.

But good luck to him!

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I just find it amusing that he and Jones are once again on the same team. I wonder if the Pelicans fan board will have 354 threads about which one they would rather keep in the future.

5. houtown

houtown Member

I don't get it, at 1.5 million wouldn't most teams in the league be interested if that was the going rate, therefore giving him more options to sign with any other team? I do not know, might be a low risk move for a team.

6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

That's because he didn't just say DMo would get paid. He said that DMo would get paid, anyone who thought otherwise was an idiot, and that he had insider knowledge. It takes some ego to make statements like that and those types aren't the ones who admit their faults. Even now he's sticking to his guns. Asking why an egomaniac can't admit when he's wrong is like asking why an alcoholic can't just stop drinking. Easy for you, hard for them.

IvanLCPM and Batman Jones like this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

good luck to demo. will trade for him in my 2k

heypartner likes this.
  8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Depends: if jopat goes there, they do. Otherwise, not so much.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

They got to create an "X-factor" thread for the DMo fans and TJones fans to slug it off.

10. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True. The role of the agent is to take care of his client's best interests. That never seemed to be his concern. He was either trying to negotiate a bigger payday down the road (for himself) or was using DMo's RFA status as an experiment to alter the CBA. He failed on both counts, and while it cost him money on this contract, he has other clients that he makes money off of. The real losers are DMo and the Rockets.

The Rockets are losers here for letting DMo walk for nothing (which they did not have to do). I think they did it because it would drag on for s long time and it was clear it was mostly going to hurt DMo. But ultimately, this cost DMo tens of millions of dollars that he may never recover because he put his trust into a person that is at the very least a moron, but more likely a morally bankrupt cheat.

11. dmoneybangbang

Technically we did trade DMo for a first round pick but Detroit vetoed the trade after the failed physical.

Everyone but the Pelicans lost. We certainly could have used DMo and he would have fit like a glove, but alas.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Nah. Not a good enough shooter as Anderson, not athletic enough to play above the rim like Capela or Harrell. Lacks the eminence grise of Nene..... for us he fit like an oven mitt.

He fits just fine on the bench with Terrence Jones on Pelican bench island of misfit toys.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  13. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Motiejunas has no guts, he could of fired his agent, or just report to the Rockets without his agent's direction. I'm glad he went to the Pelicans, so he won't be hated if he were with the Mavwrecks, or j*zz, or stepchild Spurs.

14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Y'all dmo only fans better chill before I get my boi... @tinman

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

What a dumb ass. Fire your agent.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just want to see if he even plays

Pen15clubber likes this.
  17. PeppermintCandy

Best of luck to Dmo and T. Jones. I hope they both impress enough to earn substantial contracts next time around.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Thats my thought, too. Both D-Mo and BJ had grudges and agendas.

D-Mo put on a happy face publicly, but was obviously way more hurt than he let on. He did give Rockets a chance, but actions spoke louder than words in the end.

Then BJ had some bone to pick against "stats style" too. With D-Mo's bitterness fueling that on. And none liked the RFA system, BJ tried some Rosa Parks "pioneering" approach against the system but it backfired on him bad.

Rockets get the last laugh somehow, they showed even their "cheap" offer was MILES above anyone else's. Egg all in their face.

19. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

He would have been a great insurance for injury though ...

20. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Main thing is that D'ANTONI wanted D-Mo here. Even with questions about fit, coach support is always a benefit.

Yes he doesnt have the offensive strengths of Capela and Trez on lobs, or Anderson on shooting, the bruteness of Nene.

Though Capela, Nene and Trez can't begin stretch the floor like D-Mo, nor do they have his touch in the post when the lobs arent there. D-Mo has equal or better rebounding than Anderson and Trez, and could have developed as a good passer in the system. Ball movement, space and pace is just as important in the system as pure shot making and finishing.

They also could all have played alongside each other, so it wasnt like inclusion of D-Mo woulda been total exclusion of others. I think at worst he'd be just regular frontcourt depth, not a hugr difference maker, not a stain either (HEALTH permitting). But its the Pelicans issue now.