1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016-2017] Donatas Motiejunas as a New Orleans Pelican

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Snow Villiers, Jan 1, 2017.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

As long as he has his rights, right? Ironic after all this back and forth, he goes back to playing back up to T-Jones.

Jontro, Richie_Rich, BigMaloe and 4 others like this.
  2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

What's truly unbelievable to me is: why wouldn't he just say "oops, I miscalculated. Was wrong."

What is SO bad about being wrong? We're just a bunch of people speculating on a message board. Who on here hasn't been so wrong about some kind of speculation at some point in time? I can totally understand that someone would predict D-Mo's value to be higher. It's the madness of doubling down over, and over, and over and over again that I sincerely cannot understand.

At the beginning of this saga, holic was a more valuable poster. No one cared that he didn't have insider knowledge, just his opinion was interesting to read and debate. Great perspective on basketball, really good insight into CBA. He literally shelved all of that to continuously dig himself deeper and deeper into a hole, not even for a moment hinting that he has 1% of doubt.

I really hate piling on someone, I truly do. I know this is just a hobby for all of us, but it can't feel good to be where holic is right now. For a lot of us, this is our playground away from the world, this is where we come to have some fun and play a little opinion exchange. It can't feel good to login and have to prepare for verbal warfare everyday. I just want to extend a genuine hand out to holic and say he is more than welcome in my book as long as he has some interest in rejoining the community of opinions rather than constantly trying to hold himself out as something different. I know that I've enjoyed some of his clever insight into the CBA and while I totally disagree with his view of how an NBA team should function, I am equally interested in hearing his opposing opinion.

I know I'm putting myself at risk of hearing "as if I f'ing care, this is just a message board", I want to say I hope this doesn't get to you on a personal level holic. Let's just get back to being ok with being wrong at times and being a part of the community here. This is such a fun season man and it would be a shame to let bitterness spill over into the fun stuff our team is doing on the court.

Ok, now I've over dramatized it lol. Anyway, you get the point.

3. chenjy9

Supporting Member

He will probably just create a new account and start all over with his shenanigans. Wouldn't be the first time and I doubt his last time will be the the last time. He just doesn't seem like the type of person who is ever willing to just go "I was wrong. I'm sorry."

4. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Maybe he'll retire his 'holic account and go back to just posting as bobbythegreat instead of switching back and forth so he could agree with himself.

Nook and DrNuegebauer like this.
  5. Batman Jones

I think the New Orleans Potential would maybe be more fitting.

ramotadab and Easy like this.
  6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

No one needs to apologize for being wrong about a prediction. I just think new year, fun team, D-Mo thing over... let's just wipe the slate clean and enjoy this season.

HayesIsBack likes this.
  7. chenjy9

Supporting Member

No one is expecting bbh to apologize for a wrong prediction. If the slate is to be wiped clean for some (probably many), bbh needs to man up and apologize for the arrogance and douchiness he has acted the entire time while he was proven wrong again and again. All those statements of "You don't understand", "Yule C", " You don't get it", ect. At the end of the day, the only one who didn't actually get anything remotely correct was bbh himself. Why do you think there is only friendly, short termed jabbing when others are wrong and yet with bbh, it's full blow derision. That type of ridicule doesn't happen for no reason and I know you are aware of why that is. Heck, you even stated why that is. Your right though, he doesn't need to apologize, but until he does, I am sure he will see endless "verbal warfare" until he makes a new account (very likely) or owns up for being an ******* throughout this entire D-Mo saga.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Oh, he is that account too?

How many accounts can a person have.

9. da_juice

da_juice Member

You can never have too many.

DD

TdashDUB, IvanLCPM, Nook and 7 others like this.
  10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Hollic the great

Nook likes this.
  11. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

DMo was a NENE....errr..NoNo He does have some BB smarts. Clearly DMo has some learnin 2 do on the whole career leverage deal. wow.......dumb

go rockets....just kickin' it like ball.

12. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

DMo was butt hurt after the trade. But he was mostly butt hurt cause he cost himself millions for getting hurt. In 2014/2015 season.

I think he blamed the Rockets for what transpired. But business is business. It sucks, but all of us in the workforce deal with it. We are all apt to become expendible if we can't make our bosses money.

DMo cost himself millions. But what is done is done! Rockets are doing fine with their squad.

13. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I really wanted Motiejunas back but he really dug his own grave by allowing his agent to backstab him into a loss of $30 million he could have made.

On another note, I'm convinced now that basketballhollic is either BJ Armstrong or a satirical account.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Didn't his qualifying offer pay him more?? LMAO..what a terrible agent. Absolutely garbage! Should've taken the qualifier and would've been a FA this season without any additional drama.

15. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

I like Mathloom's posts. With Bballholic, it shouldnt be personal. He just had a different view and a strong view.

Wasn't like he was hurling insults at individual posters. I like hollic. He got Hassan Whiteside right. Yes, he got a few others wrong too. But 3 quarters of this board got both last years and tgis years Rockets wrong

macho GRANDE and Jayzers_100 like this.
  16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Is holic going to respond in here?

I'm truly interested in his response.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

And how hasn't dmo fired his agent yet?

Is he that meek?

18. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Bj clearly took care of his client and got him a fully guaranteed contract. (I hope)
    Wonder if DMo's body will last the season or get waived first.

19. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Him and BJ can start vacationing together after the regular season is over.

20. Batman Jones

It wasn't a different view. He swore we were all wrong and that he had inside information of lucrative offers for D-Mo and that in the end "WE'D SEE."

It wasn't a different view. He claimed knowledge and acted superior on account of it since summer. He deserves a little ribbing.

IvanLCPM and DrNuegebauer like this.