1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016-2017] and [2017-2018] Official Players Only Meetings watch thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Nov 26, 2016.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I am loving it. When you sign the biggest beta b**** in the NBA (KD) and then proceed to hand over the keys to him like you were no good to begin with (never mind you just won 73 games) and make it his team, this awaits you.

Team full of betas. Collapse at the first sign of adversity

Pen15clubber and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I would give more credence to this. . . if LeBron wasn't going to his 7th straight finals

I think the issue is the lack of depth
    Also . .. when they were rested against the spurs. . . something was. . . off in that Andre Iguodala interview
    That seems like more was happening there

Rocket River

Pen15clubber likes this.
  3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

LeBron has the benefit of playing in a joke of a conference. The Bad Boys Pistons and Jordan Bulls(the first three-peat at least) had to go through wars to reach the Finals. LeBron sweeps his way through most rounds.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

“I think it’s pretty clear from these six games that I’m not finding the answers and not doing a very good job, so it starts with me. I’m the person in charge,” Van Gundy told Keith Langlois of Pistons.com. “I selected everybody in that locker room. I’m the one who wanted them in there. I decide who plays. I put lineups out there. I decide on defensive coverages. I call plays. So it’s all on me.” Source

Have the Pistons tuned out Stan Van Gundy?

ORLANDO -- As the Detroit Pistons continue their nosedive, questions linger over whether players have tuned out their coach Stan Van Gundy.

The team has lost three games in a row, six of their last seven and appeared lifeless, again, Friday in a 115-87 blowout loss to the Orlando Magic.

Van Gundy chose not to address his team after.

"I mean, his message is to win," Pistons forward Tobias Harris said. "So, to be honest, if that's not getting through -- that's an issue. Coach wants to win. We all to want to win.

"But if that message isn't getting through, especially with the position we're at right now and what's at stake, I mean, it's disappointing."

Players have appeared unresponsive to Van Gundy of late, from Stanley Johnson walking away from his coach during a game last week against Phoenix to visible sparring with players.

Asked Wednesday after a blowout loss at Chicago, Van Gundy said he was unsure whether players had stopped listening to him. Then Friday, when asked if his players had given up, he replied: "I don't know, you'd have to ask them."

"Stan is our coach," Pistons forward Marcus Morris said. "At the end of the day, we are guys that have to go out on the court. Stan is Stan, and he's been Stan this year, (and) last year. At the end of the day, it's up to us."

Despite their tailspin, the Pistons (34-39) remain in a tie with the Chicago Bulls for ninth place in the NBA's Eastern Conference and 1 1/2 games back of eighth-place Miami.

But a series of losses -- and the way they've happened -- give little solace the Pistons can climb out of this funk with nine games to go. They've averaged just 92 points over their last seven games.

"I don't think anything needs to be said," Pistons forward Jon Leuer said. "At this point, we've said everything. We know what we need to do. It's just a matter of us - a matter of us as players going out there and competing our (expletive) off.

"Because at this point, we're fighting for our lives. We have to compete harder. We say all the right things, when we talk about it, it's just a matter of us translating that over to the court."​

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

@J.R., they tuned out "the master of panic?"

J.R. likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Apparently formed a ****ing wall, blocking him out. ;)

Deuce and heypartner like this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Stan needs to get rid of Jackson and probably Drummond too, get one or two good young guys or picks for the draft and build around them and Johnson, maybe Pope (but he's going to get a lot of money)...too bad he has plenty of long and bad/meh contracts for decent players...that's why you should never trust a coach too much imo. He went all in with a very unproven group.

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Never thought I would see the Spurs in this thread. These are the end of days.

hakeem94 and da_juice like this.
  11. da_juice

da_juice Member