1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016-17] Dwight Howard as an Atlanta Hawk

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 1, 2016.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You have to make sure you "@" @roslolian, he is the biggest supporter of Dwight on the board.

the shark likes this.
  2. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

...mother f#cker.

There are Beverly Hills princesses that are easier to satisfy than Dwight. I didn't believe Dwight was better than Yao (if both, where equally healthy), when he was Orlando. Thought the Magic did good trading him, as I was happy Houston failed to get him the first time. Not so lucky, the second time around. Team-chemistry suffered last year.

7 pts, 6 pts, 5 pts, 16 pts, 5 pts, 9 pts (the last two were elimination games) for $23 Million. But, he's finding his decreasing role difficult, even though his post game has declined; his "known" hatred for the P&R; and not having any kind of consistent shooting range.

At least for all of his laziness and being criticized for not taking the regular season seriously, Shaq was beast in the playoffs, regardless of what type of offense he was in or what type of team, he played "to win championships." I'm only mentioning this, because some posters tried to compare him to Shaq, as they are simply not "near" equals in any way shape or form.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Dude delivered during his Houston stint, first wcf finish in 20 years, gave back to the community and chose Houston as the first major FA since Pippen and Barkley. He also did the Rox a solid when he left, announced FA asap to allow the tean to hire their coach and sign their guys immediately. Even took a full page ad thanking the city.

You guys want to kick the guy while he's down, ok do it. Maybe he realky has declined w/e but I appreciate his Rox stint #thankyouDwight

Hopefully when you guys leave your work or whatever, the people you leave behind don't badmouth you the way you are doing to Dwight.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Were you also crying your eyes out in rage when the Rox reached the WCF? Why does a crappy performance in a non contention year erase his previous 2 years of work?

If Dwight was the only issue last year then its fine to blame him, but the whole team sucked last year why does Dwight have to be the only scapegoat? IIRC Mchale wasn't even fired because of Dwight, it was Harden who was out of shape in the first place. When the team gets blown out by 20 pts first 3 games its not jist 1 guy's fault.

5. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

you mean the year harden was robbed of mvp... howard just road the coat tails of harden, and stole money from les

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I appreciate everything Dwight did for Houston in the playoffs of 2014 and 2015.
    I appreciate him for his charity work and doing right by Houston for 80% of his tenure here.
    Appreciate him for not ******** on Houston and Harden when he left, and not turning the on-court chemistry failure into an off-court chemistry failure (per Harden, they had no problem with each other off the court).

But there is a reason why he hasn't been able to find a good fit ever since the dynamic of the league changed. I still like the guy, but unless he completely changes his attitude and/or changes his game to adapt to the new NBA, then he is going to have a tremendously horrid decline in these upcoming seasons.

macho GRANDE, mfastx and roslolian like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I thought about it.. I still don't like Dwight.

8. Embrace the clutch

Forget dat guy why are we talking about him

plutoblue11 and RudyTBag like this.
  9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

that's mostly the MVP runner up & players MVP

and how many games did your idol miss?

10. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

To be fair, no Dwight, no miracle come back meaning no wcf. He really did control the paint the last two game.

It was actually awesome to watch that defense when he's that Lockheed in.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Josh Smith came to Houston on a minimum deal in part because of Dwight. The fact that are denying Dwight's role in the WCF is just ridiculous. Of course Harden did his part too, duh! But this is isn't about Harden, this is about Dwight and the fact that you guys are acting like he didn't do **** while he was a member of the Houston Rockets.

Dwight 2015 Playoff Stats:
    16.4 pts 14.0 rebs 2.3 blocks 57.7% FG

Only a total hater would look at those stats and say Dwight didn't play a crucial role on the WCF finish the Rockets had.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

16 pts 14 rebs is riding the coat tails? Damn I wish everybody on the Rox would ride Harden's coat tails then.

There is no limit to the credit for the WCF season, why is that only one guy should get credit for 2015 season and also only 1 guy gets scapegoated for 2016 season? Harden and Dwight both played a crucial role to the WCF and both of them messed up last year simple as that. If Harden was the guy who left and Dwight was the guy we resigned I would also be here defending Harden from the toxic posters here in CF also because he was a core part of the WCF team and was the face of the franchise same as Dwight.

I think it's ridiculous that the Houston Rockets "fans" don't need haters anymore, they do their own hating on their own players. You go to a Laker forum and Kobe fanboys would be all up his nuts talking about he is the greatest and had the hardest road to becoming a super star. Here in CF you have posters tearing our own players apart like they spit on the franchise every day they played a game, to the point that you now have posters claiming Dwight didn't do jack squat even after averaging 16 pts and 14 rebs. WTF

13. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

As soon as this ass clown left it felt like a black cloud left as well

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dwight Howard and Kevin McHale can suck my balls.

Josh Smith and Corey Brewer are cemented in Houston lore. Dwight is cemented in Snottie Quittens doo-doo mixed in with Stacy McGrady's diva juice. We took a chance on talent, and got a HUGE drop off in workmanship and class.

15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty sure Harden was on the bench during the whole 4th quarter comeback against the clippers. You can say Harden carried him in the regular season, but Dwight may have been our best player that post season.

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Dwight played his ass off in the playoffs first 2 years he was here. He was one of the main reasons we were able to reach the WCF and we probably would have had a chance to beat the Warriors if it wasn't for that freak injury.

You guys have weird short term memories, he gave up in the last season and ruined everything, but that doesn't erase his very impactful performance the last 2 seasons.

And no he wasn't riding Harden's coat tail, are you ****ing kidding, Harden was absolute hot garbage against Portland, and was pretty spotty in the 2015 playoffs, for christ's sake he was on the bench when they made that comeback against the clippers. Dwight played his heart out for 2 years, and I'm sure as hell glad he brought us to the WCF along with the rest of that crew.

HRox832 and ElPigto like this.
  17. txn

txn Member

18. Fantasma Negro

19. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Clint Capela could have given us 16/14 that year

20. joeson332

joeson332 Member

bit of a reach

macho GRANDE likes this.