1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 Smart Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Jan 27, 2015.

1. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

planned on buying from google play store.

how i did it last time was ordered nexus 4 off google...then ordered sim off t-mobile site.

the micro sim was only 99 cents though.

2. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Yeah i haven't seen any of those sales in a while for the sim cards

3. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

I got charged $10 for a SIM kit when I upgraded through them online.

4. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

so bottom line is i'll need to buy the nano sim....no biggie.

main question is how do i configure the phone setup though...its been a few years i forget.

once i get the sim...put it in the phone then login to t-mobile site and just sync it or whatever.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Go to the in-store and negotiate.
    They'll wipe out like all fees lol.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Seems like it would be annoying to carry in your pocket.
    _____

LG G Flex 2 Review: Sprint to launch on March 13; coming to AT&T and T-Mobile soon

[​IMG]

LG rectifies the two major criticisms that have been made for LG G Flex with its new LG G Flex 2, by reducing the size of the screen by o.5-inch. LG G Flex 2 bundled with 5.5 inch display screen with a dimension of 149.1 x 75.3 x 7.1-9.4 mm of thickness. Meanwhile, the new device is very easy to hold and provides an ease for the users too. The bezels becomes slimmer when compared to the previous version, and that removes few visual heft of the device.

While compared to the predecessor, the size of the screen has been reduced and the resolution has been improved from 720p to 1080p. But when compared to LG G3, the resolution of the screen is very low, G3 comes with 2560 x 1440, where LG G Flex 2 comes with 1920 x 1080 pixels of resolution.

LG G Flex 2 is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 810 with Adreno 430 graphics, the memory of the device depends upon the geography, and it may be either 2GB or 3GB. The chipset has a 64 bit octa-core processor, specially optimized for Android Lollipop and has Cat 6 LTR with 3xCA for faster connection over the networks.

The device comes with HSPA+ and also with Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac with Bluetooth 4.1, NFC and USB 2.0. The on-board as well as RAM depends upon the geography and it also comes with a MicroSD slot too.

link

7. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

8. BiGGieStuFF

Looks nice. I know the image isn't much to go by but I zoomed out the image to about what the size of the phone might be closer to and man those side edges are small. I'm not sure how much information or how useable those edges will be in displaying information. The NOTE 4 edge dislay seems much larger in comparison. UNLESS that's just a normal 6 and maybe 6 and 6 edges will be the exact same design, except they'll add in a slightly different display into that edge portion. TOTALLY complete guessing by me of course.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

10. Falcons Talon

Samsung Galaxy s6. That the first official released picture of it that I can find.

11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Samsung looked like they had their best phones out there today

HTC seriously disappointed

but the phone I was intrigued by and looks like my next phone is the Alcatel One Touch Idol

its gonna be only 250 bucks and has everything I am looking in a phone

looks nice, 2 front speakers, looks like a great camera, and a nice 5'5 display that doesn't look huge. I have the LG G3 right now and this phone is similar with the addition of dual speakers

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Alcatel-OneTouch-IDOL-3-5.5_id9276

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ugii4rf0pFw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Ok Samsung profits nose-dived last year. The iPhone 6 basically won back all the users that went to Samsung for the larger screen. So what does Samsung do? Basically makes an Galaxy S iPhone 6...lol. No removable battery, no microSD....metal and glass unibody (if the iphone 4 and iphone 6 had a baby). Oh...just make sure their photocopier is working, they introduce Applepa...oh..i mean SamsungPay...:p. LOL

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Ehh the whole Apple/Samsung copying each other is getting stale. Its a natural evolution from what people want. If the masses want a fixed battery system and a metal body only to cover it with a plastic case, then Samsung would be silly not to follow this suit, just as Apple went with a larger display.

That said, I am disappointed Samsung regressed. No microSD. No removable battery. No water resistance. The three single things that sold me on the Galaxy S5. If i wanted blandness, I would have went with an Iphone.

14. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

agree with the bold. i'm tired of hearing about it actually.

on the rest of your post, didn't know that removing the battery was still a thing. :confused: different usage i guess.

i'll likely get the edge and i'm far from a samsung fan.

15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

All of the previous Samsung S- models all have removable batteries. While I do not need to have an easily removable battery, I would like to be able to replace my battery once a year w/out having to ship it off or void a warranty.

The S6 Edge does look very nice and I contemplated getting it. Im a very big proponent of cases, so I wonder how well a case could protect it with having to expose the Edge

16. BiGGieStuFF

the edge looks legit. That's one nice looking phone even If i don't feel the curves of the front match with the flatness of the back. I hope them going with their own processors helps with the performance of the phone with their software. I wonder how much the 128gb unit will be. it'd be really nice to have that space and speed for 4k.

Unless the Edge is considerably more expensive, I don't see why anyone would get the regular S6 over the edge. It just looks that much better.

Their new payment system is very very interesting as well. The part about being able to produce a signal that's compatible with current credit card systems without the need of a tap payment system is very cool.

17. BiGGieStuFF

Somes are really simple to take apart and replace components. It's as easy as removing the two bottom screws on the phone and sliding the back off and popping out the battery and replacing with the new one.

18. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Looking at trading in my Note 3. Probably will list on swappa. Anyway, I do not want to wait 8 months for the Note 5 or Note Edge 2? (note 5 edge?). S6 Edge looks clean, but I'm afraid to go into a smaller phone without the Note apps, but then again I do not use them as much as I should to even be worried about this.

Are there any other companies coming up with a badass phone like LG, HTC, Motorola? I used to be so intouch with phone tech, but now am newb.

19. Falcons Talon

First look at S6 and S6 Edge. Not a fan of glass on the back of the case or no sd card, but wow. What a beautiful phone.

<script height="576px" width="1023px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=dcc84e41db014454b08662a766057e2b&ec=h3MThvczptt0Iqzt53TTrttcdvj5hJZ_"></script>

20. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

This is my worry as well. I need a case so I hope they can come out with something that still exposes the edges while still protecting the phone.