1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 Smart Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

When you switch from one android phone to another, can you transfer your games to the new phone? I've spent lots of hours on my games and I'd be pretty sad if I had to install them all over again and start from 0 on my new phone.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Some games you can, but most you will have to start over -- CoC is a game that you can transfer with a G+ account.

3. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

This app looks promising:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup&hl=en

I also found this method, which requires Astro File Manager...
    [youtube]pZGoGc7FYe0[/youtube]

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I just bought a water proof dry bag for my phone from Eddie Bauer. Was at the store. Otherwise, they can be bought online just about anywhere. About 8 bucks. Going to use it when I go snorkeling in Cozumel in a week and a half.

It works great and even records sound under water, according to my test runs.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sometimes I can wake it up with the "knock", other times I can't. Sometimes drawing my unlock pattern unlocks it. Other times it just sits there. Still other times it momentarily unlocks, briefly shows the home screen, then locks again. Pressing the button on the back sometimes wakes the phone up. Other times.... nothing. Sometimes rotating the phone won't rotate the screen, so I have to try again. Several times I've had the phone heat up like it's about to catch fire. lol. Ok, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but it was reeeeally warm for no apparent reason (which usually ends up with a drained battery overnight if that's when it decides to heat up).

6. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

yeah. i've heard of both the unlocking and heat issues (frequent boards on a lot of devices), but i'm sure others that own the device here will say otherwise. doubtful that a warranty replacement will be the solution.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

My G3 gets hot at times but it's because I've been playing games for 45 minutes to an hour straight. It gets as hot as my Galaxy S4 did. The unlocking issue is something I've experienced before but for the small issues it's still the best Android phone I've owned, previously owning a Galaxy S2 and S4.

8. Two Sandwiches

Looking for an off contract phone for my wife for under, say, $350. She doesn't need super high end, but I want her to have high end. I'm thinking the Oneplus One, as that's what I have, but wondered if there's any other options?

I can look into other cheap Chinese phones with high specs, but I don't know if she's the person who should be taking a risk on a xaomi or anything like it. Although, their stuff looks decent.

9. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Just picked up the lg3. Too good

10. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Are you on att? There was a deal for an lg g3 for 478 with 100 dollar amazon GC. Technically making it 378.

There was HTC m7 for 150 from best buy. 200 for moto x 2013 32gb Dev edition (Verizon)

Lg g2 pops up for 200 refurbished at times. Just have to keep checking slick deals.

11. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

Nexus 5 (was back on sale at the Play Store, probably sold out.)

Hauwei Ascend Mate 2 LTE (6", 720p, 4000mAH, 2GB RAM, SD400)

Moto G second gen/Moto X first gen.

Zenphone 2 that is coming out in March.

12. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Which carrier is she on?

13. Two Sandwiches

She'll be switching to one of the pre-paid from AT&T. I use Straight Talk. Probably that, or we'll switch to Cricket.

14. Two Sandwiches

Of all those, the Zenfone 2 grabs my attention. Will keep an eye.

How is their UI? And how is the processor?

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

What games are there?

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Really cool interactive comparison chart with just about every recent smart phone.

link

17. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

All your posts are belong to reddit...
    Seriously, you post their links a lot.

On topic: Oneplus One's are really a great deal for what people actually bought them for with invites

18. Two Sandwiches

Still liking yours?

I love mine. Can't imagine a better phone, especially for $350. As I said above, I may buy my wife one soon.

Had an invite to buy the bamboo cover, but no way I'm spending $50 on that.

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

What other phones have you had?
    And how does it compare?

20. Victorious

Victorious Member

Can yall recommend a good ROM for the 1plus1? I'm still using stock. Didn't even know about the whole fallout with cm. No wonder the updates stopped hah