1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 Smart Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Chuck_Ferrari

Chuck_Ferrari Member

Nice phone...but there was something very cult-leader-ish about the product manager's tone and mannerisms.

The hand gesture during "15 years of experience..." left me bewildered.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

^ The look on his face after the "120 fps" statement was particularly odd

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

This, a few months ago I sold a 16gb Verizon iPhone 5 for over $200 on eBay.

4. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Why is everyone so down on the M9? The camera was disappointing but it still has great battery life (as opposed to the Galaxy S6) and still has the best speakers you can get. Build quality is still great as well. The display might only be 1080p but that only serves to help battery life.

5. Chuck_Ferrari

Chuck_Ferrari Member

[​IMG]

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Phone help please:

I've got a Samsung S3 Mini I've had for almost 2 years. I'm not much of a phone-ophile, I don't really care about anything but making calls and streaming music. I like this little phone because it fits comfortably in my front pocket even in an indestructible case. But it's started acting weird,it's running very slowly, it feels warm sometimes, the battery sometimes just goes to 0%, it's not holding on to the signal (wifi or 4G) causing streaming to skip :)mad:) and it keeps losing the password to my home wifi (comcast, it's like 12 random numbers and letters).

Do you think it's just needs a battery replacement or do I need to replace the whole phone?

7. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I'd start off with a factory reset of the phone before you come to the conclusion it's hardware. There are probably troubleshooting measures you could take to figure it out but a good clean wipe will let you know right away if it's the phone's software or hardware. If it keeps acting that way after the factory reset then you can see if possibly a cheap 3rd party battery might be the next step or replacing the phone entirely.

1 person likes this.
  8. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

Word. I love my M9. Glad I didn't become a sheep.

9. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Time for a new phone. Your phone is on life support

10. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

I'd suggest getting a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact. I think your S3 Mini is getting long in the tooth to be honest.

11. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

I just backed it! Time to replace my old HTC One M8...

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

So much potential with upcoming phones...

Moto X
    One Plus Two
    Nexus (LG)
    Nexus (Huawei)
    Note 5
    Sony Xperia Z5/Z5c
    LG G4 Pro

And a handful of others.

It's crazy, definitely a good time to be on the market for a phone.

13. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Lol, you know technology is moving at a fast pace when you refer to your HTC One M8 as "old." It's still a great phone!

14. BiGGieStuFF

I'm a voice command user so this is the choice for me. I have a feeling Google leaves the "OK Google" while the phone sleeps out of the LG and Huawei nexus. I'm usually a nexus guy but I like that untethered voice activation too much.

15. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

That Moto X is going to be a great phone. QHD display, front facing speakers, great battery life, 21 MP camera, pure Android, etc...

Solid all around.

16. BiGGieStuFF

I'm HOPING great battery life. These QHD phones suffer a bit in that department. I'm hoping that the choice to go with the 808 chipset with the lower frequencies helps to achieve better battery life than my Nexus 6. Don't get me wrong, my nexus 6 lasts me from beginning of work day until bedtime most of the times, but I'd like to eek out a little more juice if i could. =).

The price is right for that Moto X to. I can opt for the 32gb instead of the 64gb now with the addition of the microSD slot.

17. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

That fixed it, thanks about $400.

I don't have a clue how or why but it took about an hour to re-program and now it runs like new.

18. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

I retract my previous statement. I have not cancelled my Kickstarter backing because I realized afterward that it will not support Verizon's 4G LTE network and will revert down to 3G speeds. Plus the retail price is only going to be $10 more than the Kickstarter price. No thanks!

So for now I'm sticking with my "old" HTC One M8.

19. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

Darn can't edit! *I have now cancelled my Kickstarter backing...

20. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Samsung finally announced the Note 5. I have to say I'm not impressed. The battery is actually smaller than the Note 4's and its non-removable like the S6. Visually it looks very nice but I'm terrified that the battery life will be miserable.

Its one thing for Apple to use smaller batteries. Apple is fantastic at maximizing the battery on their phones. Samsung proved with the S6 that a mediocre battery was going to produce mediocre to below average battery life.

Swing and a miss if you ask me. Wait for the iphone 6s plus or whatever the hell they want to call it.