1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 Smart Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Jan 27, 2015.

1. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Ditto. Samsung finally got it right with the note 4. Battery life is good and you can quick charge it too if you want.

2. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Note 4 best phone on the market. Note 5 will maintain that title

3. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

No love for the Zenfone 2? It looks like a G3 clone but for a $199 price tag.

4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Getting a new phone sometime this week, most likely going with the g3. Who stands by that decision?

5. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

G3 is still a great phone. Early reports were that it had thermal issues and having to dim the display because the device would get hot. I'm guessing this happens when gaming? This is something to look into. Other than that the specs is definitely future proof for awhile.

Have you looked at the Moto X 2014? they are having a promo today that makes the 64gb moto x 2014 459 off contract.

My only knock against that phone is the 2300mah battery which is the smallest in it's class .

Other negatives is no microSD but 64gb is plenty for most people. If you can't get a code let me know. I grabbed one just in case but I have no need for the phone since I have a nexus 6.

http://slickdeals.net/f/7623260-140...0-off-your-purchase-of-249-99-on-motorola-com

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I love my G3.

The worst thing about it is the display (it's not nearly as color rich as its peers), but it's hardly an issue unless you're constantly switching between devices.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

My wife's S4 totally cracked and died yesterday so she went to Tmobile and got the iPhone 6.

I am pretty impressed with the phone's design and the bigger screen, but I still refuse to ever own one due to the idiotic reasoning for not being able to swap out your own internal consumables and just the whole restrictive Apple OS in general.

When my S5 is paid off I am probably going to switch to the Note.

8. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Definitely interested in the onePlus 2...I really wanted the Nexus 6 (super-sized screen and all), but when that price was announced, that was 100% out of the question.

9. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

IIRC, didn't OnePlus release a ROM for stock Android? And will not have anything to do with Cyanogen for the OnePlus Two???

10. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

One plus one is a very legit phone. Almost the same size as my note 4. My friend let me try his out. Nice screen and fast smooth operation, responsive keyboard. For the price point, you can't beat this phone.

You can't use it for verizon though.

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I had the S3 and wouldn't even make it past 4:00PM without it going down to about 10% battery life. My G3 still has 40% easy by 4:00pm running the same exact apps and with same usage. That's my own user experience. People who bought the G3 and complains about battery life is clearly putting the screen brightness at 100% all day.

12. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

They are set to release their own rom - OxygenOS on Feb 12.

1 person likes this.
  13. agslai

agslai Contributing Member

What do you guys think about the Samsung Galaxy 6 coming out? I have been waiting to get one since the specs online have rave reviews.

Thanks.

14. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

a dud? the only prob i've heard of with the g3 is random sluggishness. what's wrong with it? couldn't swap out with carrier or send to lg for warranty replacement? :confused:

i'll be taking a look at both if developer editions are made.

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Cyanogen kind of screwed them over, if you believe Oneplus' side. Most do. They basically walked out on their exclusive contract, through email, and began an exclusive contract with another phone maker in India. That contract is only in India - a market that Oneplus was literally set to begin selling in days before the announcement. Because of this,Oneplus started developing their OS. I believe, on the One, it will just be a flashable ROM, that will allow them to tinker and perfect it in time to make it their own official flavor for the Oneplus Two.

I don't know how to feel about it, based off the preview images I saw.

1 person likes this.
  16. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

The news of the S6 and the major improvements are the only thing keeping me from getting the Note 4 right now. My S4 is still running great, but I've had it since June 2012, time to move along.

17. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Thankfully, the wait isn't too long to find out about OxygenOS, I really want to get the OnePlus Two when it releases during the year.

18. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

That is pretty messed up, good thing is that it appears that OnePlus keeps on moving along and on track (so it sounds) for the OnePlus Two.

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It is, but I'm sure it's not an exclusive screw over by Cyanogen. Although it may be. I'm just saying - Oneplus's track record isn't squeaky clean either.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I love my G2, but I would like to have a 'active' phone that's waterproof etc and has expandable memory /replaceable battery.