1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015] Rap/Hip-Hop/R&B Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RedRedemption, Feb 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

That Young Thug- Slime Season isnt too bad. Dont flame me, I like the club banger type ****. I like the classic **** as well. Just check my name.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I find it strange how there is a growing movement of people that will **** on artists and people who listen to artists if they don't agree with the notion that every song must have some deep philosophical meaning and any song that doesn't is trash. I know people that tear apart and analyse songs trying to look for subtle symbols and metaphors and that's cool if that's your thing, but I listen to music to enjoy music.

/rant

#62 RedRedemption, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  3. sabesque

sabesque Member

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to turn off WAGTTBA just because it's not high-substance, and I think DS2 is pretty dope.

I'm not saying that the hype around WAGTTBA isn't justified, but it's hype because they're two guys in their moment, not because of what they're reaching for, musically.

I agree though, that there is importance in music that just moves you for no reason other than that it moves you.

4. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

the underachievers - evermore: the art of duality

apollo brown - grandeur

both have 2014 and 2015 releases

jedi mind tricks - the thief and the fallen

asap rocky - at long last asap

also, i can't believe how to pimp a butterfly was released earlier this year and people have already stopped talking about it, good kid maad city was definitely a better album

5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

My favorite, outside of Nas for now, Joey is releasing All Love Lost soon. Most underrated

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XqWTVhXY-vs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

His ode/respect to Em:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KuFsBlsZKaE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And the lyrically untouchable group in the game:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UNRdr1w3rBs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'm feeling the new Travis Scott joint the most right now.

7. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

listened to the first two tracks

the voice machine is annoying,

i will continue to listen hoping there is something of substance

8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

That's real talk by you.
    I was sleeping on Budden for years even though I knew he was way more than Mr "Pump, pump it up" but I always thought he was just another overrated East Coast rapper. Finally I got around to listening to all his mixtapes and albums and yeah, the dude is lowkey underrated.

Plus, if one doesn't want to go into full on simp mode and go listen to Drake for heart-break hip hop, Budden provides a more gritty (and crazier and more laying everything on the table) kinda heart break hip hop.

Also, I was late to hop on the Budden, Joell, Royce and Crooked I bandwagon(as a group) but when those cats come together and spit, it's untouchable. (Especially since maybe we consider El-P and KMike a duo and not a group).

9. ohmarioyes

ohmarioyes Member

whats ur fav song?

10. HR Dept

"Oh My Dis Side", and of course "3500". 3500 was produced by five different heat makers including Zaytoven. And if Zay made it I played it. And don't even get me started on Two Chainz' verse...

"I do sh** that you dream of. I was born with a mean mug. I was born with some nappy hair drinkin breast milk outta lean cup..."

11. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

I enjoyed Big Grams performance on Jimmy Fallon
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=big+grams

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TXyFYNiV-9I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lPr1y7CpsFI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#71 ron413, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  12. ohmarioyes

ohmarioyes Member

wish this was produced by travis scott entirely with minimal features. kind of like a j cole album. you'd think the production would be handled more by travis since he is a producer/rapper.

curious. how old are you man?

13. HR Dept

14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Guess no Kanye yet....