1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015 NFL Season] Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by moestavern19, May 28, 2015.

1. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Hard to imagine gurley still on waivers , I drafted him in most of my leagues. I'd keep Williams , miller has been crap

2. marky :)

marky :) Member

Carr vs Den or

Mariota vs Buf

12 man league so not many options for QB's and I didn't draft a QB until late.

3. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Carr for sure.

4. FishBulb913

WR3 - Moncrief or Alshon Jeffrey? Alshon is still listed as questionable.

5. thething

thething Contributing Member

I wouldn't drop Miller if you can help it--with a new coach in place there is reason to think he can get better. He was good in the past. Karlos has more competition in the backfield with Mccoy so I'd probably cut Karlos out of those two, but I don't know the rest of your roster.

Moncrief is the safer bet, but Jeffery has more upside. I'd probably play it safe with Moncrief especially with the Thursday start. You just don't know if Jeffery is going to be the same on game 1 coming back from injury.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'm hoping the toilet flush in Miami will do some good, but it seems like the team itself is a mess. Tannehill seems to be alienating himself by barking at the practice squad players. He still can't throw the deep ball for ****. They can't run the ball and the defense is incredibly underwhelming considering the talent they have. Usually an interim coach can inspire a couple good performances, but ultimately I think they have much deeper issues.

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

CJ2k, Travis Benjamin, or Tavon Austin in order please?

need one for the flex, also might need to start one of the wrs if Alshon doesn't play again this week

8. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Moncrief is on waivers on my league.. I'm 4-0 so debating to pick him up or nah.
    I'm thinking of dropping Colts D for him.. Only problem is the Jets D is on bye so would have to drop someone else to play D.
    Thoughts?
    Other bench players are
    Julius Thomas
    Vincent Jackson
    Kendall Wright

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I think Jackson and Wright are both solid WR3 options at this point so I don't know if Moncrief is worth picking up. Hard to stream D this week with Jacksonville and Tampa Bay playing each other. Baltimore and New England would be my first inclinations, but Baltimore is going to have trouble moving the ball with their hideous receiving corps.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I would stick with CJ over Benjamin and Austin since both of those guys are boom or bust types. I'm interested to see if Tavon is finally being more integrated into the offense and how Gurley forcing teams to respect the run will open up the passing lanes.

11. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

12 team standard league ESPN

I would give up TY Hilton and Ronnie Hillman

I would receive Deandre Hopkin and Tevin Coleman

- My current QBs: E. Manning
    - My current RBs: Charles, Forte, Ivory, Randle, Yeldon, Hillman
    - My current WRs: Maclin, Hilton, Wallace, Harvin
    - My current TEs: Ertz, Miller
    - My current K is McManus
    - My current DEF is Green Bay

My thoughts on this trade:

WR and TE are my weakest positions. I strengthen my WR position as Moncrief has stolen some of the luster from Hilton and Hopkins is doing great no matter who is at QB. My RB slots are still strong and you take away Hillman's 72 run this past weekend then he has 10 carries for 30 yards in what was his strongest performance of the season.

Any thoughts?

12. FishBulb913

I would jump on that deal. Hopkins is a clear upgrade over TY and neither Hillman or Coleman will ever start for you anyway.

13. The Stig

The Stig Member

Does Matt Jones have any value left? I'm thinking of picking up Mariota for him.

My RBs are: CJA, Hillman, Ivory, Woodhead, K.Williams, and Yeldon

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I would absolutely do that. Your RB depth is easily enough to justify upgrading your WR.

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I dumped him in a couple leagues already.

I'm sure you can do the same, until some sort of injuries or other moves place him at the clear cut totem of that feature back pole.

Chris Thompson is now in the mix as well in the 3rd down pass-catching back role. Too many hands to feed situation for him atm.

16. mulletman

mulletman Member

hurry up and accept that deal before the other team realizes he's getting fleeced

17. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

PPR proposed trade to me.
    PPR league

Giving up: Keenan Allen, Devonta Freeman, and CJ Anderson
    Getting: AP, Jimmy Graham and DeSean Jackson

I kind of feel that Devonta can't keep up his current production and would be nice to sell him high. Inputs are appreciated. I'm leaning yes.

18. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Standard scoring

QB: Russell Wilson
    RB: Arian Foster
    RB: Le'Veon Bell
    WR: Randall Cobb
    WR: A.J Green
    TE: Antonio Gates
    FLEX: Currently have Maclin here
    D/ST: Giants
    K: Josh Brown

For my FLEX: T.J Yeldon. Jeremy Maclin, or Allen Robinson

Also what are your guys thoughts on Jordan Cameron ROS? He's been very disappointing so far.

19. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Pick 2 (PPR):
    Allen Robinson @TB
    L.Hankerson vs Was (Q)
    A.Abdullah vs Ariz
    D.Sproles vs NO

I think Hankerson is an obvious choice but worried about his thumb injury. After that the other three are a crapshoot but leaning Robinson.

I also have Karlos Williams on the bench but not looking good for him with the concussion and the matchup.

I would lean yes too esp if you have the depth to spare at RB (Anderson could eventually start to produce once he heals). AP is far and away the best player here and it's almost asinine for anyone to trade him.

20. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Robinson and Hankerson

1 person likes this.