1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Cleveland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 27, 2015.

?

Golden State vs. Cleveland

Poll closed Jun 4, 2015.
  1. Warriors in 4

4.8%
  2. Warriors in 5

14.6%
  3. Warriors in 6

21.1%
  4. Warriors in 7

6.8%
  5. Cavs in 7

10.9%
  6. Cavs in 6

33.0%
  7. Cavs in 5

3.7%
  8. Cavs in 4

5.1%
  1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Marreese Speights no longer appears on the Warriors' injury list.</p>&mdash; Diamond Leung (@diamond83) <a href="https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/606291425878089728">June 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. adobo

adobo Member

It's hard to gauge how good the Cav's are....theyre opponents to the finals were no better than Dallas/OKC this year.

But they did blow off the other Eastern teams, and they seem to be peaking to this point. Tristan, JR, Shumpurt and Delly has strengthed this team defensively...and they can shoot and offensively compliment Lebron. They are a better team without Love and to extent without an injured Kyrie.

HC advantage is with Warriors, and that maybe enough to hold them as somewhat clear favourites...but then Lebron has the advantage on finals experience which he can use to lead his team

I think it's going to be an exciting series (i hope so anyway)

3. Oracle

Oracle Member

Actually the Hawks were not depleted going into ECF. Carroll got injured in the first game, but continued to play throughout the series. Korver was injured in the second game. Irving did not play in games 2 and 3 and very sparingly in the two others.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Akron-born <a href="https://twitter.com/StephenCurry30">@StephenCurry30</a> tells me &quot;No disrespect to Lebron, I want to be the 1st to bring the chmpshp to that area&quot; <a href="http://t.co/T3R1sFrV1T">pic.twitter.com/T3R1sFrV1T</a></p>&mdash; Paula Faris (@paulafaris) <a href="https://twitter.com/paulafaris/status/606305616294838273">June 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

5. WestendMassive

ZOMG Steph Curry wants to play for Cleveland!!

Seriously, does he understand what he just said?! You can't bring a championship to Akron, Ohio while playing for the Warriors.

Unless he meant actually bringing the trophy with him and showing it off around town?? That's hardly something Ohio residents will be able to latch onto and claim as their own though.

I can't stand this guy and his inflated sense of importance. Yeah Steph, you can shoot like nobody else but seriously get over yourself. You have not done **** yet.

6. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

What does that even mean?

Look, I haven't bought into the overwhelming hate of Curry people found here, or in preparation for the finals, at RealCavsFans.

But I have to say this was a really dumb thing to say that makes no sense. No one in Akron will consider a GSW championship as their own. It would be like New Yorkers celebrating Jordan winning all those chips with the Bulls.

7. da_juice

da_juice Member

Yeah, I thought I missed something- but seeing as a professor doesn't get it either...:p

By Curry's logic, the championships Lebron won in Miami should count for Ohio as well, since Lebron is from Ohio. I have no idea at all what Curry was trying to say- unless he's planning on going to the Cavs at some point? Even if that was the case, why say it now?

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Even at "full" strength, the Hawks who struggled with a brutal nets squad and a largely Wall-less Wizards were a far cry from their untouchable Dec-January high - however their 1.5 RPM speaks for itself in terms of quality.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

I agree with the other posters. Curry makes no sense here.

Although, this IS just a single sentence. Perhaps more context would make the meaning clearer.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

I don't think Curry knows what he's saying.

11. The Stig

The Stig Member

Are we 100% sure that this wasn't Riley Curry who said that?

12. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Curry is still having a concussion.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

I hope LeBron sees this, and takes offense.

Curry was born in Akron, but was raised in Charlotte. LeBron has spent the majority of his life in the state of Ohio.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I asked Lee is he thinks the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Warriors?src=hash">#Warriors</a> will try to trade him in summer. “I think they tried to trade me the last two years, didn’t they?”</p>&mdash; Scott Howard-Cooper (@SHowardCooper) <a href="https://twitter.com/SHowardCooper/status/606472882915438594">June 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

15. TheresTheDagger

So....

What impact will this series have on Lebron? If they win, does he re-sign? What if he loses?

I know everybody thinks Lebron is locked in to Cleveland regardless....but he did sign that short contract. Is there a chance he could leave Cleveland?

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Cheapest seat available on Ticketmaster for Warriors-Cavs tomorrow? $638 for upper level. $58,250 asking price for a courtside seat.</p>&mdash; Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) <a href="https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/606269873598136320">June 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tristan Thompson on people saying the Warriors have the best home atmosphere: &quot;You haven't been to Cleveland, Ohio, Quicken Loans Arena.&quot;</p>&mdash; Diamond Leung (@diamond83) <a href="https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/606277735984398337">June 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Serena is 33 and still kicking everyones ass. I guess she is GOAT.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It would take a major choke job by the Warriors to lose this series at this point. For Cleveland to have any chance, they need to steal game 1.

I think they could at least snag a halftime lead b/c Lebron will be very comfortable back in the finals and the Warriors will be a little glassy eyed with the moment.

19. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Lol warrior fans thought James harden got superstar calls, wait till tonight with lebron. Expect a physical series with draymond chirping, wouldn't be surprised if they send in Perkins to deliver a flagrant. It will be an entertaining series but if kyrie is somewhat healthy, cavs in 6.

20. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

WARRIORS! Game 1 let's go! ...Warriors must defend their home court.