1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015 NBA Draft/1-18] Sam Dekker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 25, 2015.

?

Do you like the pick?

1. YES

539 vote(s)
    77.7%
  2. NO

155 vote(s)
    22.3%
  1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Grant has not been good. Portis.... yeah, that stings a bit.

2. dmoneybangbang

It sucks now, but I still like what Dekker brings. It's hard not to compare him to Parsons, but aside from skin color, they are almost in the same mold. They're both of similar height, but Dekker had about 15lbs on Parsons during their respective draft times to go along with better athleticism and a better frame.

Parsons shot the ball from college 3 pt better, but Dekker was the 2nd offensive option on a good college team that went to the Final 4. Not to mention, Dekker scored more often and more efficiently than Parsons. However, Parsons rebounded better and assisted on ~20% of the points while on the floor, which is great for a wing. Both defended around the same based on metrics on bball reference.

If Dekker could become 50% of the player Parsons was while on the Rockets, he'd make a decent bench wing/stretch 4.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, I do think some posters are being overly harsh concerning Dekker.

Granted, I can't praise the drafting of a player with a bad back, and there were decent point guards available, but Morey loves forwards who can be forced to shoot three pointers. Anyway, let's let him get healthy.

4. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Hope so. Would be difficult for KJ to get less minutes!

5. Rokman

Rokman Member

Hey, that's the same time Parsons said his season is going to begin! SMH

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He still got the chance to be decent.We are just too spoiled with recent successes in the 2nd round

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

There does seem to be an unusual amount of irrational hatred for Dekker around here. We saw a few weeks of preseason ball and people anointed him the biggest scrub in the world.

I wasn't a big fan of the pick, but I'm willing to at least give the kid a chance to play before I write him off.

8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Dekker will be soild when its all said and done.

9. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

Dude is terrible. One of the worst draft picks in recent memory.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Good post.

11. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Kwahi, I mean Marcus Morris says hi.

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

Another month until he can practice. I guess the good folks in the Valley will just have to be patient.