1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015: Clowney

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rocket River, May 8, 2015.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bill O'Brien says Clowney is on track to play in the season opener vs the Chiefs. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Tania Ganguli (@taniaganguli) <a href="https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/636564550180073472">August 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

And where was the part where it said the Doctor would not recommend it or allow it?

He's pretty much practicing without any restrictions right now... at this point, its about building up stamina, getting his timing back, and familiarizing with the defensive gameplans.

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Texans' Jadeveon Clowney won't play in any preseason games <a href="http://t.co/lYj7DF57Na" title="http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2015/08/jadeveon-clowney-wont-play-in-any-preseason-games/">blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans…</a></p>&mdash; Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/637372626705494016" data-datetime="2015-08-28T21:14:10+00:00">August 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bill O'Brien on Jadeveon Clowney: 'He's come a long way. I do anticipate him playing in that game.' Kansas City Chiefs is the opener</p>&mdash; Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/639878254606704640">September 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bill O'Brien on Jadeveon Clowney said; &quot;I don't know if I have a pitch count for him in the first game.'</p>&mdash; Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/639878112956694528">September 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

6. conquistador#11

i hope he isn't pitching. he is playing football. clowney or perez?

7. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Clowney was lazy in college. Definitely lazy now.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely, anyone that takes a full 9 months to bounce back from microfracture surgery has to be lazy. Solid take.

9. BigShasta

As someone who knows his circle, let's just say he ain't in no hurry to 'come' back bruh.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, you're clown shoes bruh.

11. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. BigShasta

Let's just say "he called it" and Rick knows it.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-exec-calls-jadeveon-clowney-spoiled-and-lazy

I would say we're still waiting and will continue to wait. He might even get that Bryant (pgh) treatment.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Well he got injured. So I don't see how that prediction is correct

14. BigShasta

Of course he got injured. I've already said enough. I'll let you guys fiddle about and until someone around here faces reality. He's a cool brother but just wasn't the one. JJ is the one and clowney can't handle that.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Doubling down on that really stupid statement isn't wise. If he was lazy and didn't have a strong work ethic, he wouldn't be recovered from one of the toughest surgeries to bounce back from already.

The "bad worth ethic" talk was stupid in the draft and it's about a million times more so now.

16. BigShasta

If dude was recovered he would've played a snap in preseason. Don't fall for the hype or the bull**** BOB is pushing. ;)

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh no! Does that mean JJ Watt, JJo, and Vince Wilfork are hurt too!!!!!! ZOMG!

Seriously man, just give it up. No one is buying that BS anymore.

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

No point in playing him in the preseason. None at all.

So far, for you knowing his circle, you've posted nothing to support your lady theory, except for a widely circulated article dogging on his work ethic, that for all we know, could have been put out there by a team like the Falcons, who were hoping he'd fall.

I'll take a nine month recovery and multiple teammate and coach quotes saying about how hard he's worked over that crap.

19. BigShasta

I'm almost certain I'm in the right. But meh w/e. Go Texans

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

BOB isnt someone to be effusive with praise if he thinks a guy has been winging it... He really believe that Clowney has worked hard...So has Vrabel. Ill take Vrabel's and Bill's opinion of Clowney over anyone on this board. If they said he will be ready for game 1...He will be.