1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015-2016] Jeremy Lin as a Charlotte Hornet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2. choujie

choujie Member

Not even close.

Lin isn't playing for big contract because he gets tons of endorsements from Taiwan. He needs to be happy or play a much bigger role. That simply won't be possible in Houston.

And that stupid #7 jersey pitch simply burned the bridge between Rockets and Lin.

3. SunsRocketsfan

too bad it didnt burn the bridge between LOF's and Clutchfans

4. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

I don't think Lin is the kind of guy who holds a grudge about something like the jersey pitch. And he's got a fantastic relationship with D'Antoni, so if Houston shows any interest in bringing him, the opportunity to play for D'Antoni will be very appealing to him. That said, if Houston does offer, it would all be about whether or not he feels like he can play with Harden and what the chemistry would be like.

5. yoeddy

It strengthened the bridge, no question!

6. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Some players just don't fit with certain teams, be it history or mojo. I hope Lin doesn't come back.

7. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

As a backup PG, sure.. but then Clutchfans will blow up so I dunno Haha!

8. tksense

tksense Member

From their quotes, Harden seems to respect Lin a lot, and they're friends off the court. I believe having Lin their would positively influence Harden's discipline because he will hear encouragement/reminders from Lin, and he will not ignore him.

Lin is totally fine to take the so-called backseat. He's a 3rd tier player as of today. Maybe dantoni will bring him up a notch by recalling his confidence. Harden wants to win too, I hope, so he would listen and try to incorporate the strength of other players via the coach's system.

Not a bad situation if they do reunite. Lin cares to be a starter and the hole is still here. For him, it's likely between cha, bkn, and possibly Houston now.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

An emasculated, loser LOF calling someone else dumb. Doesn't get any funnier than that. :grin:

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Doc River : Austin Rivers = Mike D'Antoni : Jeremy Lin

11. mig0s

mig0s Member

Phil Jackson : Michael Jordan = Mike D'Antoni : Jeremy Lin

12. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

It doesnt get funnier that WNBAfan not realising the dumb in someone that calls LinMac (aka Tinman), ZBoy and WTFRocketsWTF his favorite posters.

So basically someone that fantasizes about chicken, someone that is the illegitimate sone of a guy that fantasizes about chicken, and someone that keeps beating about Morey hiring D'Antoni when the whole board realizes its Le$'s call.

That's not just dumb. That's dumb and delusional (where have I heard that before)?

13. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I don't like neither to be honest. The eye test for me sees Rondo picking up his dribble way to often as well. I dunno.. Best of luck to both.

15. CometsWin

At this point you're just babbling non-stop like a weirdo. Get a hold of yourself LOF. Love those articles from inquisitr. Must be the sister site of Sportsrageous. Lol.

16. yoeddy

Curious what quotes you've seen from Harden that makes you think Harden respects Lin. When Lin and Parsons left the Rockets, Harden's "Me and Dwight are the cornerstones, everyone else are just pieces" comment plus Lin's comments about his time in Houston being tough makes me believe there isn't a lot of love there. And no way Lin comes to the Rockets to be a back-up or play the role of 3-and-D...he's got a much better situation in Charlotte as a backup where he has great chemistry with his teammates and trusts the coach...if he goes anywhere else, it will be to be a starter in a system that fits his skills.

And disagree that he's a "3rd tier player"...he came in 7th in 6th-Man voting and has played well enough to earn 28min/game as a backup for Houston, Lakers and Charlotte. "3rd tier players" IMHO are the bottom tier of players in the NBA...there are starters (1st tier), backups (2nd tier) and end-of-the-bench (3rd tier)...Lin has played well enough to be at the top of the 2nd tier or near the bottom of the 1st tier...

17. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

At this point, you're just looking for VHS tapes of Sheryl Miller from the sister league of the NBA, literally.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Why in God's name is this thread still alive?

19. CometsWin

HayesIsWhack needs a place to vent his pent up bitter LOF emasculation.

20. edlkf

edlkf Contributing Member

When is the WNBA Finals?