1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015-2016] Jeremy Lin as a Charlotte Hornet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 8, 2015.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When there are zero LOF on Clutchfans, All of the world we be recovered

fighting evil is relentless there is no measure

2. sew

sew Member

I've seen 99er's and hakeem level posters visit and post on other sites.

What is your opinion of them?

3. tinman

Supporting Member

name them

and verify if that it is truly their ip address

4. sew

sew Member

DD - spurstalk is one.

I don't need to verify ****. Much like your crusade has only accounted for one ban.

You're a fool to actually believe that all 99er's/hakeem posters only post on clutchfans.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

I talked to my brother about that , he's better now.

One Demon banished is better than One Demon demonizing this world.

you blabbering about me will not stop me from this holy mission

6. sew

sew Member

I know it won't.

Although, your 'mission' has been an utter failure thus far. All this time spent (see Carl's post) and you have 1 LOF ban to show for it.

What a life.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm not taking all the credit for it. Zboy, FTW, Comets, King1,

The Justice League is real

8. sew

sew Member

Even better.

The combined work of 5 people has yielded one ban.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

It's beautiful

10. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Who was banned because of this thread? Isn't it just a simple back-and-forth discussion about a former Rocket?

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Danang78, a lof who was disrespectful to this site and the true meaning of clutch city

12. GladVlad

GladVlad Member

It's the GS Warriors effect. Charlotte is trying to evolve into the new meta of play style that is current in the NBA right now. All the new players they added before the season started can shoot 3's.

At times, Al looks lost in the new system. But, he is still useful to the team because when the 3's don't drop, you need a reliable post player to change the pace of the game (something the Rockets are also painfully aware of). The problem with him is that he is a big, slow guy who has trouble defending and can't hit a 3. But, his biggest liability is probably his contract, since he is no longer the main focus for the offense.

13. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Because Al doesn't play defense, and he has no outside game to help spacing with the offense that Charlotte is running.

14. yoeddy

it's not that he's having a bad year. It's a matter of fit with what they want to do on offense. With the type of player Al is, the ball stops moving. Not sure what kind of pick and roll player he is either. But all the other bigs on the team can shoot from outside and can set high screens and still be part of the offense.

15. yoeddy

The Avengers are better than the Justice League.

16. GladVlad

GladVlad Member

That's the reason, he is the only person I have on ignore.

He is like spam mail. He says the same annoying things over and over again, multiple times a day, every day.

Even this post will go through one ear and out the other. It doesn't matter if he is wrong or shown to be a hypocrite. He will still spam the same crap over and over again, every day.

17. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I think the defense allegation is debatable. He's not the best defensive player, but rebounding and rim protection are part of defense.

If Charlotte is running an offense where they believe outside shooting is the way to go, they don't have the best guys to make it work. I understand having Marvin Williams as your stretch 4 and Killa Kem running the PG spot because of his speed, but any decent team has a post-up threat. The only exception is GS, but those players are incredibly different and arguably more versatile than Charlotte's roster.

If that's the case, I hope Al finds a better team that values the "big man" game.

Fair point, and they can shoot 3s, but that roster doesn't have anything close to the sharp shooters in the Bay. That's a shame for Al when he comes back...I like his game, but I'm partial to Bigs that can shoot from different spots and have a variety of post moves and good footwork.

Do you think Al looks lost, or the team refuses to run the offense through him anymore? It's similar to the Rockets, I guess. Howard doesn't get the ball NEARLY as much as he should, but I wouldn't say he looks lost. We've all seen that when talented Bigs are doubled, the spacing for the offense gets much better, and your snipers have more room to shoot. Charlotte should utilize him more until they have nastier shooters on the team.

If what I've read about Charlotte fans turning their back on Big Al is true, there's no doubt he'll leave and find an organization that values big men. He still has a lot of game left.

18. Sommermärchen

Impressive Justice League

[​IMG]

Actually Tinman you sly dude...

[​IMG]

19. Sommermärchen

Happy new Monkey year:):grin:

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.