1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015-16 NBA Rookies Watch

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LCAhmed, Oct 29, 2015.

1. dmoneybangbang

This draft class is looking very promising. Knicks actually looked like they hit a homerun.

2. i3artow i3aller

3. malakas

malakas Member

KAT is a star. Nothing more to be said.

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

Dude is a classic big man. Almost looks like Aldridge. I love it.

5. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

D'Angelo Russel has been struggling. averaging 9pts/3rebs/2assists so far.

Porzingis with another solid game 12/10/2 blocks. He's been proving me wrong.

Justise has been playing excellent defense this year, it may not show up on stat sheets, but I think most of us on here know he's talented.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Okafor with 21 pts and 15 reb tonight

7. i3artow i3aller

<iframe width="440" height="285" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OLjb-MTvVzg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Playing on the worst team in the league though, 9/25 FGs chucking. Noel also out, which explains the rebounding.

9. sew

sew Member

9/25 FG, 3/8 FT. Not a great game for him.

The rebounds are a nice surpise though.

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Towns is miles away better than the rest, and then the other Euro rookie in the T-wolves is showing to be a very decent NBA player also.

Grant is pretty good in NYC and he should be a very solid PG for years to come.

11. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

KAT is not only a franchise player, but already a top 25 player in the league. Dude is a beast. Wolves have two budding superstars who are aged 19 and 20. They will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future.

12. Outlier

Outlier Member

I'm actually not a fan of Wiggins. Dude is a ballhog and has no real offensive skills other than the inefficient pull up J with no rhythm, and the drive to the basket. Couple times he doesnt pass it to KAT. I know i sound harsh and he is young but i just dont sense that he has the bball IQ to be one of the greats.

13. dmoneybangbang

Capela may end up one of the top picks of that draft. Homerism aside, I think Wiggins will end up being a more a Rudy Gay 2.0 type of player.

14. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Eh, I see more Paul George than Rudy Gay. He's a great defender and has a decent J

15. sew

sew Member

Defense, passing, rebounding, great mid-range shot, solid post game. :eek:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8rMYJ2eCzuI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. malakas

malakas Member

Why was Noel out? Had the league suspended him for a game?
    Anyway gotta blame a bit the guards too since I doubt they can give him the ball at the right spots.
    Well he's not a real rookie Bjelika. He's a vet one of the best players of Europe. He's also in his prime. (26-27?).

Grant is fast but can't shoot and has a problem with some passing while jumping. I don't think he will be a star or anything but he can be solid. Well compared to Calderon it's obvious he should become the starter.

He has post game. That's an offensive skill- which is also hard to develop. What you describe is due to lack of handles, and no excellent vision. Unfortunately handles are extremely hard to improve on tho. He will have this problem for most of his carreer most likely.
    But he looks like he will be a good scorer.

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I knew there were some players in this draft but I have to say I'm surprised to see the numbers some of these kids are putting up so quickly into the season!

Towns, Okafor, Mudiay, Porzingis all look like potential franchise players. Towns probably already is. And I see probably 8 other guys who have all-star to borderline all-star potential. Lots of guys who are going to be legit starters and rotation guys. This was one hell of a draft year. Sure hope Dekker pans out, because there was a lot of talent to be had in this draft.

18. i3artow i3aller

<iframe width="440" height="285" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1NKxDh3ifp4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. sew

sew Member

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Looking like a vet in those highlights, extremely good vision and control of the tempo. Lakers really f#cked up this draft.