1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015-16 Kawhi Leonard

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by omgTHEpotential, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Fefo

Fefo Member

jaja well maybe he cant remember his last matchup where durant scored 22 on 6-19 shooting, 6 rb, 0 assist and 2 blocked shots by leonard... meanwhile kwahi got 32 points on 13-22 shooting, 8 rbs , 3 steals and 2 blocks.
    Kwahi is very good and i think he can lead a team, but his developtment also was better coz of the organization he plays for.
    Nobody could imagine he would be leading the league in 3 point % . Thats just hard work.

2. i3artow i3aller

:p

<iframe width="640" height="385" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LtlMEC_HAzU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  3. boiler

boiler Member

lol. For real?

4. omgTHEpotential

KD & PG are good buddies. Kawhi is a quiet guy on an old team. Doesn't matter though. Kawhi is a freaking stud.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Lebron actually does EXTREMELY well v. Leonard lol.

6. gunawanspurs

gunawanspurs Member

That's true, no one can stop the best player in the league unless he stopped him self ala 2011 final. I think it's not a fear, but much more of being supremely annoyed, because the Klaw really makes him work so damn hard to earn every point he got in the game against the Spurs.

7. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Kawhi is gonna shut down Harden, it's gonna be a sad day.

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Hate to admit it because he's a Spur, but I can't lie... I like Leonard.

I respect the hell out of great defenders.

Weak defenders just seem, well, weak to me.

9. dianelo

dianelo Member

Kawhi once said he heard that (people said) he couldn't shoot, so he worked hard ro improve.
    I think he heard people said he's a system player so he outplayed the person who said it and became a superstar this season. This guy is no words but all actions.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Where is the picture where Duncan is teaching him how to make faces?

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Alright there Spurs fan, no one is saying that Kawhi sucks are anything, but James has his way with the Spurs. The big matchup for them will be Aldridge vs our PFs. They have the edge there. I still like our chances though. We seem to get up for nationally televised games.

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The guy is in a perfect position, he gets MEGA love when they win and NONE of the blame when the Spurs lose. They were out in the first round last year and no one blamed him. If that was LeBron, James Harden or Westbrook they would have taken a beating yet this guy didn't get criticized at all. Call me when he's crucified for losses as much as he's praised for winning on a stacked Spurs roster.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

at the end of a close game you can't give him the ball and depend on him to consistently create something out nothing, for either himself or a teammate. i don't put him anywhere close to being on the same level as harden, and i'd put butler above him as well. a very very nice player, but not a go-to guy.

14. Outlier

Outlier Member

My guess is you havent watched him lately and youre talking out of your arse and sticking with last year's perception of Kawhi.

15. roksoer

roksoer Member

Lol

Kawhi can take anyone to the post in crunch time and just shoot a fadeaway. That has about the same chance of success as Harden's attempts at drawing fouls or shooting stepbacks.

They just don't go to him because they're a smart team and can draw up actual plays that have a higher chance of success than just playing hero for all the kids out there.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

saw his games against NOP/CHI/TOR

my guess is you simply find kawhi attractive.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i agree that he can go to his post-up game. i have yet to see him use it much in crunchtime though. maybe it's the sperms don't think it's as effective when the opposing defense is able to key in and send weakside help. so to say that leonard could/would be better than harden as a closer but the sperms just don't need him -- does not cut it. when he actually closes game after game (like he should have in the playoffs last year, for instance) then we can discuss him and harden in the same breath.

18. Outlier

Outlier Member

Bravo. 3 games out of 25+.

You brought attractiveness here not me. Get that out of the basketball discussion.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

brought up those 3 games in particular b/c they were each close losses and in each kawhi was disappointing in the 4th, just like in the clips series last season. overall i've seen about 11-12 of his games sof far this season.

you brought "arse" here not me. my guess was that you simply posted what's on your mind.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

none of this is true anymore. if you still think it is then you haven't consistently seen what Kawhi started to do as of last year. he's absolutely in the same breath as top players in there. theres nothing that says harden is way above this guy especially this year.