1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 World Cup - Brazil

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ivenovember, Dec 3, 2013.

1. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

OH dude STFU with this bull**** and nonsense, there is a referee out there for a reason, players get carded for flopping too, if you watched the game closely the Colombians were flopping all over the field.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yay and I'm glad Boom-Boom taught Kim a lesson back in the 80s.

Good luck with Senior prom bro. You may need it I'm guessing.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Fractured back? Dang that sucks for Brazil - Germany looking more and more likely through to the final.

DD

4. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

well, you got your wish. :eek:

5. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

As a neutral fan i thought both teams flopped a lot. And the ref sucked. You could see the game getting out of hand since he never gave a card. To me both teams played dirty because the ref called a foul with little contact, but he did not give a card.

It was a fun game. But the defense of both teams was bad.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

People cheering for neymars injury are douche bags.

7. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I agree, both teams flopped a lot, Neymar flopped a lot before he got hit.
    It seems the ref have forgotten the yellowand red cards in the locker room, because both teams keep hitting players, and he didnt give anything.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

well, David Luiz continues to step up.

Dante will probably make an appearance, Oscar, Bernard, Willian have to take the reins

9. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Dude just shut the f** up. That's all.

10. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

You said it perfectly. (Well I dunno if I agree re. Brazils defense, Thiago and David Luiz looked good as SBI kinda said they would last week).
    Otherwise, it was just one of those matches that by the half hour or even earlier, the ref needed to have let the players know that the next dirty foul would be a yellow...instead of waiting till about the hour mark or so to give the first yellow.

11. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

The weird thing is that some feel Spanish refs are too quick to let the cards fly whereas the English one's let more rough play and argy bargy happen and hold onto their cards a bit longer. I think most English players are told that they should watch it as non-English refs are quick to draw a card out.

Wow. I've never seen you get angry on here. I would say chill out but I know you're in the right on this.
    C'mon rhino17, not cool bro.:(

12. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Nobody deserves a knee to the back... And the dude that did that is a dick.

1 person likes this.
  13. ths balla

ths balla Member

hahaha u got to be kidding right? As a Barca fan this sucks, but dude had it coming. Everytime he gets tackled he goes down like he broke something and this time he actually did. 30 fouls were called before the first yellow card, that is on the ref and hard fouls come as a result.

14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Fortunately there is only you and the other dou-che on this thread. Even Lebron just tweeted well wishes to Neymar, saying that is his kids' favorite player. Show some class or either become a Philadelphia Eagles fan. Smh...

1 person likes this.
  15. RedRedemption

If Neymar ends up having to retire due to this being a career ending injury and him not being able to fully recover, Zuniga should be banned for life.
    What a horrifically dirty play.
    This is the soccer equivalent to the Rudy Tomjanovich punch. Back/neck injuries are brutal. Hopefully, it truly is a one month full recovery.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What a piece of ****.
    For his own sake I hope he's out of the country before he gets gunned down by angry Brazilians, what a piece of ****.

#3935 RedRedemption, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I saw the play a dozen times. No way that knee to the back was unintentional. Zuniga meant to inflict pain. You are correct, FIFA should investigate and ban this fool.

17. RedRedemption

The foot directly to the knee of Hulk was even worse.
    Absolute dirtiest ****ing play I've ever seen in any sport in my life.

We all laugh at Suarez, but this is different. This guy is literally out there trying to end player's careers AND ruin their lives. An ACL injury and anything involving the spine/back/neck? Those don't just hurt your playing career, they hurt your post-career health.

I'm so heated, this is a disgrace. This should be an immediate ban FOR LIFE.

18. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

:mad::mad::mad:

It doesn't seem to be that serious. 4-6 weeks in recovery then 1 month for rehab and a couple of weeks for match fitness. Should be be back by November.

19. RedRedemption

Thank god Hulk's other leg prevented his knee from completely buckling.
    There must be justice, obviously I don't want Zuniga killed by Brazillians, that would be a nightmare situation.

But FIFA should drop the banhammer on this guy.
    A bite gets Suarez four months.
    This should get Zuniga a lifetime ban.

1 person likes this.
  20. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

For the record, I'm a huge Colombia fan. Most of my friends are Colombians (the girls, my God!!). I actually saw the game at Galway Hooker Pub in Washington, place was 90% Colombian. Doesn't mean I won't condemn Zuniga's actions and yes Neymar is a notorious flopper ( Haven't missed a Barca game in IDK 5 years or so). I also blame the ref for losing control of the game.