1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014]Waiver Wire thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Wait till gametime. Keyshawn will show up the way he always has lol

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Huh? Even if you're implying that he's sucked, he's been better than Damaris Johnson. So we should just wait for Martin to show us that he's better than Johnson like he's always been?

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

And the way he has always shown up has been better than the way Damaris has shown up.

Im not a big fan of Keshawn's at all...but he's still done a lot more on the field than Damaris.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Bill O'brien knows what he is doing keeping every position competitive. Martin can't take physical contact without freakin fumbling most times. His speed is severely overrated. I'm just glad nobody is holding a position on the team just knowing it's their's no matter what.

5. rezdawg

I have no issues with competition...my question is what makes Damaris so good? You bring up Martin being unable to take contact because he fumbles...yet, Damaris fumbles the ball at a much greater rate.

And it was Thomas that got cut for Damaris...not Keshawn. Therefore, I wouldnt look at this move as a replacement for Martin because it's not.

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Johnson is safer, less turnover prone and better athlete for this team he will surprise. Keyshawn supposedly is getting better according to Bill O'brien but this pickup shows everyone Bill O'brien isn't completely sold on Keyshawn Martin which he shouldn't be.

7. rezdawg

Again, Johnson has proven to be more turnover prone in his career. And this has nothing to do with BOB not being sold on Martin...and everything to do with BOB not being sold on Thomas. You know, the guy that actually got cut.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Martin will be returning kickoff and punts solely I see Johnson playing in the slot because we need toughness and break away speed which Martin has struggled at in game situations. My evaluating of these two players are based on the fit in Obrien's system moreso not what they've done in other systems that's why I'm more looking at the two players skills in relation to the Texans. Martin goes to another team I could see him being cut a lot faster...

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Thomas and Martin were in competition to return kicks and punts though so Thomas was cut and Johnson is now there.

10. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Yep. Hopefully BOB will actually use him as such unlike you know who.

11. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

haha, Ganguli is so useless.

12. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Last guy I really wanted to get to our PS. Pumped.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I have confirmed that CB Marcus Williams has been signed to the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> practice squad.</p>&mdash; PDS (@PatDStat) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatDStat/statuses/506209599205416960">August 31, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

D manning is back!!!!!!

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a>' practice squad: Keith Browner, Max Bullough, Anthony Denham, Matt Feller, James Ferentz, Alex Kupper, Travis Labhart, EZ ...</p>&mdash; Brian T. Smith (@ChronBrianSmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/statuses/506211925248593920">August 31, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>... Nwachukwu, Toben Opurum, Marcus Williams. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFL?src=hash">#NFL</a></p>&mdash; Brian T. Smith (@ChronBrianSmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/statuses/506212035340664832">August 31, 2014</a></blockquote>

15. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

these practice squad guys run scout team and can be signed by any team during season right ?

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Will Daniel Manning start on Sept 7th?

I thinking so!

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

TMac is pumped for Manning's return. :grin:

You do know this is Danieal Manning, not Peyton or Eli Manning, right? ;)

19. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Nah, he'll be the 3rd safety in. Dime package, 3rd and longs. Bring Swearinger up a LB/S hybrid and have Lewis/Manning as the back guys (sort of a 4-2-5 look or 4-1-6).

20. Houston79Astro

I'm happy Manning is back :D Not a great safety, but very useful. His real value in my opinion is his kick returning abilities. He is something special when he gets a chance. He doesn't get you TD but he sure does give you better field position...