1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014 Summer] Papanikolaou and the Greek National Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shastarocket, Aug 9, 2014.

Tags:
  1. bmd

bmd Member

That's a load of crap. I played in college and have friends/teammates who went on to play professionally in Europe. They never took PED and we're always ripped naturally. Some people (especially black people) seem to have naturally lean bodies with little fat.

2. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

No such thing as "ripped naturally", that's broscience of the highest degree. I never disputed that some people look naturally leaner than others, fat distribution is largely genetic, but nobody is Lebron/Admiral/Bledsoe etc level cut throughout the year while exerting themselves constantly and not falling over. It's simply humanly impossible. If it wasn't, then models (with MUCH less mass to maintain) wouldn't have to go on strict 10/15-day long regimes of dehydration, ketosis and sodium manipulation to prepare for photoshoots, much less to have the energy to compete in a professional sport while looking like that. If your teammates were all cut and lean and defined, then they were lying to you about their PED usage. Either that or you're exaggerating/lying, which is the most likely case, with all the hyperbole and vagueness involved.

Go check out the video of the Greece/Serbia brawl 3 posts back. Look closely to Teodosic's arm at around 0:06. You're honestly gonna tell me that man isn't packing muscle? At any other point in the game he looks like a regular joe with pretty much no definition. Just because his skin color is light enough for the light to not define him as strongly and he has a natural, healthy layer of fat around his lean body mass, doesn't mean he isn't trained. The guy's arms are bigger than 99% of the general population. He just doesn't look like it, because that's not his job.

3. bmd

bmd Member

Basketball players, like other athletes, lose weight throughout the season. It happened to me and my teammates. But you still stay cut. You just lose some mass. You bulk up again after the season.

And LeBron and Bledsoe aren't bodybuilder cut. Not even close. So yes, they can play without falling over.

I'm not saying there are t guys on PEDs, but for you to say any player that is cut is on PEDs is incredibly ignorant.

1 person likes this.
  4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I don't see why nba players wouldn't be able to stay lean naturally...first of all, they aren't as lean as you think, so they aren't dangerously thin....And then they eat a ton of calories, so that keeps them from getting to that dangerous level.

As for models, they care about facial definition, which is why they go to those extremes. They're basically drying out their bodies of fluid. Completely different goals and situations.

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Paps is not shooting well in the World Cup, trying to make up for it with his defense.

This Serbian team is proving to be very tough. GRE lacks size inside. And Teodosic is not missing at all. GRE trailing after the 1st half.

6. NotChandlerParsons

Wonder when/if Teodosic will come over to the NBA. I know the Spurs offered him a contract.

7. shadowmantis

shadowmantis Member

I doubt that any Serbs will want to play in the NBA. Only Divac and Stojakovic made any kind of impact (Krstic was alright for a short while, though). Darko Milicic, Marko Jaric, Vladimir Radmanovic etc, did not really blossom. European basketball is on a much higher level than during the Divac era, so they can make a living now playing there.
    I know Bogdanovic got drafted, but I don't really see him taking that step.

8. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Bogdanovic signed with the Brooklyn Nets last July, so we'll see how good he is at the NBA level.

9. omgTHEpotential

Shadowmantis was talking about serbian Bogdanovic (Bogdan Bogdanovic), while the one who signed with the Nets was croatian Bogdnaovic (Bojan Bogdanovic).

10. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

lol! worst fight ever. The last line says "It became a Rodeo" hahaha

11. mikeyg603

mikeyg603 Member

is the signing official yet?

12. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Put together some edits of a few sets Greece ran. Obviously features KPap a fair amount -- both as the guy who the offense is run through and playing off of others/spotting up. Thought some of you might be interested:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5czdoWmX9Pc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2h7fbCPedyw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/d-HpixRfBLo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3 people like this.