1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 Smart Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Feb 3, 2014.

1. xhungersx

xhungersx Member

none here

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

This is a good start: Engadget Review

You'd be hard pressed to find a phone with similar specs for that kind of money out the door. The pro, IMO, is that you get to utilize the Android OS without all of the bloatware that comes with a Galaxy and other phones.

3. KelvinCato13

KelvinCato13 Member

I would love for an invite. I will definitely use..still have the galaxy s2 defninte need of an upgrade!

4. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Sent. Let me know if you got it.

5. KelvinCato13

KelvinCato13 Member

Thank you so much, I got it!:)

Hands down CF is made up of the best of the best

6. KelvinCato13

KelvinCato13 Member

You can only buy one OPO at a time?

7. New Jack

New Jack Member

I'd like one too if you have any left

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Glad to see guys handing out invites here.

Good job guys.

9. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

For the specs you're getting, it's actually cheaper than the Nexus 5 32GB and pretty much head to head with the N5 16GB in price. You gain 32GB/48GB and 1GB RAM more on the OnePlus One with the newer Snapdragon 801 SoC compared to the SD 800 on the N5. Not to mention a bigger screen to boot.

No, it doesn't. Shame, really, but for the price, I'll allow it. :)

I'm using mine nekkid without a case. Only thing I have is a tempered glass screen protector on mine. I had the official flip case but it made holding and taking pictures with it cumbersome with the folio cover hanging about.

It's pretty solid. No creaks or bends.

Yes, no, yes. LTE works as it should on T-Mobile.

Yellow tint near bottom of the screen. Mostly visible on white pages. Mine is pretty faint but I have noticed it here and there but doesn't bother me much anymore. People have said to put it under direct sunlight or UV light to cure the glue that is causing the yellow tint. I think the iPhone 4 had the same problem from what I've heard. Haven't tried either yet. Maybe in the near future. :grin:

Haven't had much problems with mine but seeing as how I flashed about 5-6 different custom ROMs so far (on MahdiROM right now with Furnace kernel), I really couldn't tell you on the stock CM11S ROM. Heard people were having low ear speaker volume but I think it was fixed in an update. No such problems on my custom ROM.

Since it's a startup company, don't expect customer service as you would get from Apple or whomever. RMAing seems to be a pain in the butt since you have to ship the phone to China and pay your own postage. They're also having issues with quality control with their Swapcovers (aka cancelled).

https://forums.oneplus.net/

10. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Sorry, all out now! I'll get you next round!

11. YaosDirtyStache

What are the invites for? I missed this part

12. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Have to root all sony phones on AT&T. Plus cannot get Z2 with AT&T. Need band 17 which is not on the z2.

13. New Jack

New Jack Member

No problem, thanks!

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

To get invited to purchase the phone.

15. KelvinCato13

KelvinCato13 Member

So I paid for my OPO on Wednesday morning and it still says "processing"...how long did the whole process take and when can i expect to actually get the phone? Thanks in advance!

16. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

Took about 2 days for it to switch to shipped for the last two times I purchased. Was delivered 2 days later. The phones are ship from their Cali factory.

17. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

bad news, jd. moms busted the screen on her s4 mini. being older she wants a bigger screen anyhow, so i'm obligated to give the nexus to her. my bad, brosef. will hook you up if i get a different phone in the future.

btw, this new bamboo moto x is easily the most sexy and feel good in hand phone i've owned. they went all out with the aluminum frame. feels super premium. however, i miss cyanogen's software polish (looks and completeness). i dig the x's stock, but can't wait for devs to hop on.

18. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Who's going for nexus 6?

19. liyihang

liyihang Contributing Member

Any chance I can get an OPO invite too? I'd like to buy one for my wife.

And after I buy one do I get an invite to give out too? If so I'll give mine out on CF.

20. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

me...at least i'm waiting to hear what the official specs are. leaked images have the thing like 6 inch screen...gigantic..but 3 GB of ram...32 GB storage possible. i can dig it