1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 Smart Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Feb 3, 2014.

1. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

If it's 300, i'll get it day 1. 350 i'll have to think about, but I've seen enough from the galaxy and the LG to say i want an android wear watch.

so far early reports are that it lasts 2.5 days vs 1 day of the LG and samsung, has wireless charging and well obviously it's premium design. I think i read it has sapphire glass like regular watches vs gorilla glass like the LG and Samsung. not 100% on the last statement.

2. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

3. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

4. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Yeah, thanks for the suggestion. I turned it off when I got the phone though. I read that could lead to problems if left on. It is crazy that I went over 5GB in 2 weeks and have my speed throttled until the new billing cycle. On that pace, I would have hit 10 GB this month. 10X more than my old phone almost since I never even got close to 2GB before. It seems like every company is getting more and more money out of me in the last few months......TXU, Comcast, and Tmobile.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

So I bit the bullet and got an LG G3 instead of the OnePlus One (impulse buy). The phone is fantastic and the screen is very good. Aside from the notorious lag before/after opening/closing apps, it's a great phone.

I still have the 64gb invite for the OnePlus that ChankMcStank gave me (the phone is still in my cart!). If anyone wants it, let me know and I can give you my log in account.

6. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

So I picked up an M8 Harmon/Kardon edition yesterday - WOW! Loving this phone. The aluminum body alone is such an upgrade over the plastic on the S3. Thing is solid like a rock. The UI is simple but sleek and the screen is crystal clear and vibrant. Blinkfeed is cool. This edition came with headphones which are actually really good and the audiophile apps are unique. Any cool tips/tricks on how to utilize all the features on this phone? Only complaint is the pre-loaded bloatware. Any way to remove these without rooting?

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Sell the invite. I sold mine for the 16gb version for 100 bucks on ebay

8. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

He can't. He's already claimed it since it's in his cart. He would have to buy the phone and sell it physically.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Anyone ever tried using Onavo Extend?

I'm trying hard not to hit my data caps, and hoping this will help, but so far, bupkis.

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

This but also I don't want to do a disservice to the members on here that actually wants the phone by claiming the invite and then not using it.

So yea, anyone interested message me and i'll pass along the account information.

11. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

Yeah, I'm surprised they let you keep it in your cart for so long.

12. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I've noticed that iPhone batteries have a greater longevity than with previous Samsung phones... I had the Samsung Galaxy S2 and S3 before upgrading to the iPhone 5s. Do the Samsung batteries exponentially crap out overtime due to software updates or is it due to the quality of the battery/hardware? I replaced the batteries on each of my phones and could never get more than 6-8 hours out of the phone. My brother has a Galaxy S3 that shuts off and cannot be turned on without you plugging it in.

I understand that the Galaxy S5 has a better starting battery life than the 5s, but I've also seen the deterioration in Galaxy phones. Will everyone love their S5 as much in a years time? I guess that's the point of cool new phones.

13. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Okay bros, help a fresh college student out. I'm currently holding an S2 right now. Looking for an upgrade. I was looking at getting an S5, but then I started wondering if there really was a huge difference between the s5 and the s4? I also want the phone with a great camera

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Should I leave the Nokia family and get the HTC M8 Windows phone? It looks amazing.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone own a s5? Is it pocket friendly ?

16. nguyen3706

nguyen3706 Member

There's a substantial difference between the 2 in all aspects such as noticeably faster speed, better design, battery life, water-resistance, and a large upgrade in camera quality/features. The S5 probably has arguably the top phone camera on the market as well as screen after the G3. Get the S5

17. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

My Note 3 was pocket friendly and so is my OnePlus One.

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

My 1520 is quite pocket friendly.

19. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

I agree on the Note 3.

20. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

ha. was there even a two? if it came out in a month or so, i'd consider, but sony has problems bringing phones stateside.

i've had this red nexus longer than i've had a phone in a while. if sammy brings the exynos here in the alpha i'm pulling the trigger. :grin: