1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014] Should Morey be fired?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Sep 19, 2014.

?

Should Morey be fired?

Poll closed Sep 26, 2014.
  1. Yes

57 vote(s)
    13.9%
  2. No

352 vote(s)
    86.1%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well the Cavs are looking like old Miami light with better role players

Irving, Thompson and Waiters are the young core of the Cavs again next to the prominent veteran names they added.

I do not know much about David Blatt atm

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

You're likely arguing with someone who lacks a higher education and/or is between 13-21 years old. Those are the only two criteria, overlapping or not, that I suppose would lead someone to have such poor critical analysis ability and make overly simplistic arguments of that nature.

3. caneks

caneks Rookie

lol, I believe most of people are smart, apparently you are the rare case. :(

I gave your food, more than enough for one meal, and you are crying about how to eat? I talked about how to measure a team and GM who runs the team by playoff run, and you want to apply to individual players in different teams?

Similar things happened to Morey and his fans. When the team failed to get playoff spot, they cheered, " Yes, We won, we had wining season".

It is beyond stupidity.

4. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I'm jumping into the middle of a discussion here but it seems to me the GM's evaluation has to seen over a series of years, while a coach is evaluated over a season, and players by series of games. Every GM will have good moves and bad moves over their tenure but what I think would indicate success are progressive changes over time. Given where the team was at and what he had to work with when Morey started I'd say he's done a really good job. It'll be on him to evaluate the coach and players to see if they are maximizing potential. He knows there are improvements to be made both on the roster and on the coaching staff but his window to make those improvements is much wider than either the coaches or players.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Poll closed. "Yes" up by 2%. Not much of a difference, considering all the complaining and pessimism going on about how the off season was such a disaster...

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

"Hey Darryl, did you know that Clutchfans has a whole thread about if you should get fired or not..."

"What? I give them Harden. I give them Dwight. And they're questioning whether or not I should get fired?!? Screw those ungrateful bastards!"

.... threads like this are counterproductive - even if its an annual thing regardless of circumstances...

jus sayin...

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Counterproductive? Do you think Morey doesn't understand 86% is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy greater than 14%? Because if he doesn't get that, then he should be fired.

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I doubt Morey give a damn that some loser armchair GM's want him fired.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Or that they don't. I doubt he'd pat himself on the back if everyone voted not to fire him. All he has to do is keep his boss happy. This is just a message board, with no real influence (the 2 yr long uniform thread just confirms that).

10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'm sayin that if theoretically someone makes an offhand comment, without expanding, it would make us look like a buncha ungrateful idiots... Granted, its deserved for 13-14%, but would still reflect poorly on the board as a whole... We live in a soundbite society...

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Does that mean Morey is responsible for the first round losses and lottery seasons that happened on his watch?

The assertion was made that Morey made more out of what he was given than CD did. CD turned what he was given into a WCF appearance, and Clutchfans insists that they would have won a championship if not for the Malone bear hug, even though I disagree. CD was not given Charles Barkley, he made that happen. He wasn't given Steve Francis, he made that happen using trade assets he accumulated. Nor was he given Tracy McGrady, he accumulated the assets that led to that acquisition as well.

So please explain how Morey did more with what he was given than CD? Are we going to hang our hat on the one playoff series won during Morey's tenure, gifted him by the coach he got rid of?

12. kemah

kemah Member

Morey got us Harden and Howard. What nutjob would want to fire him?

13. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

LOL, wow. How can anyone who's been a member here since '99 think that?

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Why don't people put out polls about whether they themselves should be fired from their own jobs?

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Because this is a Rockets board, so people wouldn't care out even know about other people and their jobs.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

I don't like his "assets" approach, don't like constant shuffling of players, I think he lacks social skills, I think he is a bean counter, and I think he is fat, but, no, he got Harden and Howard, therefore he should not be fired. Otherwise, yes.

17. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

We know who the morons are around here.

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Just ban the 57

19. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

WOW :eek: I must of missed these threads. I mean we were going through and just ended a transition period at this point in time for our franchise. Hell, we were consistently above .500 fighting for playoff spots and actively trying to improve our team...all thanks to one man, DARYL MOREY.

Some of these fans man...:rolleyes:

20. NotChandlerParsons

Seriously. More like he was saddled with their contracts and did an admirable job working around them. Heck if you'll recall we got Kevin Martin in the McGrady trade and then traded him for this James Harden cat.