1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014] Should Morey be fired?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Sep 19, 2014.

?

Should Morey be fired?

Poll closed Sep 26, 2014.
  1. Yes

57 vote(s)
    13.9%
  2. No

352 vote(s)
    86.1%
  1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

2. bongman

bongman Member

3. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I voted no, but I don't think he is Mr Untouchable. He is not as bad as some say but he is also not the God of GM neither. He has some great moves as well as some bad. My problem with him is I think he needs to build a team now instead of chasing stars. We have two already...

4. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Not if you say we only care about winning championships. I personally will wait to see how this team does this season before I decide either way, but the revolving door of players isn't going to help make Houston a destination for a 3rd star or build a championship caliber team. We're running in circles here. Almost making the playoffs to first round exits. Morey's got a lot riding on this season.

5. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Kang was the only logical choice, you fool.

6. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Morey is this team. There's not another GM in the league I would take over him.

7. Nero

Nero Member

8 idiots so far.

Seriously, some people need to try to imagine what it's like having a bad GM.. Morey has a lifetime contract folks.

Be thankful.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I hope Morey is our GM as long as he is alive.

Well at least until he starts getting senile.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Today on September 19th? What did he do today... is there not enough toilet paper in the locker room stalls for the breaks during offseason workouts or something? Geezus.

10. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

I thought I was in the Oakland A's fansite for a second. I think Morey should replace Billy Beane

11. Rox23

Rox23 Member

In the 7 or 8 years since Morey'ss been here, we've only got to the second round of the playoffs once. In a number of our first round playoff series (such as last year's) we were favored. A couple of years we were well on our way to making the playoffs then had a losing streak the last couple weeks of the season, and didn't make it. It's either the general manager, the coach, or both. The GM and coach could be fine in and of themselves but if the attitude in response to the leadership of GM and coach isn't too good than the team may be hard pressed to get through certain challenges. Smart is good. Genius is good. But don't underestimate leadership and ability (or inability) to motivate and inspire.

12. caneks

caneks Rookie

I am result-oriented, so my vote is consistently the same: Yes.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Chandler Parsons is better looking than Morey, so I vote that we should fire Morey.

14. baubo

baubo Member

There's a HUGE gap between God of GMs and if his job may be on the line. It's like asking if James Harden deserves the max and then respond with "he's not LeBron." I don't know where Morey fits in terms of NBA GMs. Top 5? Top 10? Probably won't go lower than that for sure. But I have a hard time coming up with a list of replacements that would improve upon him.

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

We had Carroll Dawson, we don't need to imagine

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Looks like the Morey-hater club was let out late tonight. :p

17. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Carroll Dawson got us 2 superstars too. He's no different than Morey:rolleyes:

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think Morey might have mentioned this before, but I know people in the past have speculated Morey does what he wants, so this is what he tweeted today:

He was referring to Kevin Costner's character in Draft Day being such a bad GM.

Now, I know this doesn't mean they have to agree or that Les calls the shots, but Morey can't just change things up on the fly.

19. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Not to mention, in 2011 it was actually 51% in favor of firing.

Basically don't listen to Clutchfans polls in making real decisions.

20. afk

afk Member

Why would we fire our 3rd star?