1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 Second Round Rocket Prospects

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by CertifiedTroll, Jan 30, 2014.

1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

He probably floats to late first but Thansis Antetokounmpo is exactly the type of player I would want for the Rockets. Athletic, Upside, Slasher. His best attribute is his elite combination of potential and effort. Which makes him seem like a safe pick.

2. CertifiedTroll

More on my man Kilpatrick:

He is 10th ranked player on the Wooden Watch.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/category/_/name/wooden-watch-2013-14

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I do not look into NCAA BB until much closer to the draft. But it is interesting to read you all's opinions and look them up on the draft sites.

5. lionaire

lionaire Member

6. CertifiedTroll

Aaron craft would be a nice pick up, but I would prefer Kilpatrick if the two were available. Kilpatrick has tools on both end of the floor.

7. Progs

Progs Member

C.J. Fair yes for 2nd rd. A long athletic pretty good role player I would take in the 2nd rd. Maybe a James Posey/Robert Horry type who will never be a big time scorer but can be a superb role player for a championship team.

8. CertifiedTroll

Watched Kilpatrick play UH today, 28 points 6 assits. Looked like he was playing a little point at times which was nice to see since one of his knocks was his ability to dribble. Morey get er done!

9. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Here are 4 older guys who are undervalued and might be ready to contribute:

Andre Dawkins | SG | 6'5" 210 | Duke | 22
    - Has the size, picture-esque form and off-ball experience to be a marksman. He's also an underrated athlete. He hasn't produced that much at Duke, but he seems to have a decent shot at being a better pro.

Lamar Patterson | SG/SF | 6'5" 225 | Pittsburgh | 22
    - Jack of all trades wing who isn't a great athlete, but makes up for it with smarts and muscle. Has a great stroke from deep and is an underrated playmaker.

Cory Jefferson | PF | 6’10” 220 | Baylor | 22
    - Long PF who checks most of the boxes, with his physical tools, capable offensive skillset and jumper and solid shot-blocking instincts. He isn't a monster on the glass or super physical, but looks the part of a solid rotation big.

DeAndre Kane | PG | 6’4” 210 | Iowa State | 24
    - Strong physical PG who fills the stat sheet. Impressive athlete with a motor on both ends, and has the size to guard both backcourt spots. His age is a downside, and he's only an average shooter, but he brings too much to the table to ignore.

10. CertifiedTroll

^ Agreed.

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Fuquan Edwin. It may be a little early to pick him with Knicks 2nd Rd pick. 3 point shooter with a good eye for playing passing lanes.

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Shabazz Napier.

College senior, seems like a safe bet as a good 6th man in the NBA.

13. CertifiedTroll

Maybe, but I don't like to put a lot of confidence into "shooters" that have jacked up shooting form.

14. CertifiedTroll

Kind of a ball pounding, chucker. But who isn't in the UCON program these past few years? First Kimba, then Lamb, now Shabazz. But both Kimba and Lamb have turned into descent products. I would love to take Napier in the second round.

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

UConn has put out some good prospects lately. Napier is the best player in the NCAA at times, and he has his knocks on him, but the guy is a NBA level talent.

16. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Just watched Lamar vs' flordia state, he had a really good game 22points and tried to carry his team over the line (ended up losing) I'm thinking he might go in the 1st the way he has been playing, I mean he hit a three with 3 seconds to go to bring the game within 1 possesion which would of been 3 feet behind the nba line

17. CertifiedTroll

He could be a first rounder, but there are so many young "prospects" that I imagine this draft will be hell on four year players.

18. The Stig

The Stig Member

I had the opportunity to watch Russ Smith last night and he was projected to go late first or early second. He destroyed us with his 6-6 3 pt shooting, and pesky defense.

6'0 guard with great quickness, ability to score, and a very pesky like attitude on defense. He remind of Pat Beverley and he's a senior this year. Small in size and structure, but could he be worth a punt? Makes Lin even more expendable though I'm not promoting any hate.

19. colts_1994

colts_1994 Member

Roy Devyn Marble from Iowa. 4 year starter for the Hawkeyes. Great athletic two guard and has a sick stroke from 3 point land. Break driver and slasher. Very underrated player.

20. colts_1994

colts_1994 Member

*great