1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 Nexus Devices

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Sep 16, 2014.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Yup.

When Im at work, I use my office phone for calls and use my cell for texting. When Im in my car, I use my bluetooth to talk. When Im at home, I use the speaker on my cell phone to make calls. Therefore, I hardly ever hold up the phone to my head to talk, so size makes no difference for me. In actuality, it's better for me to have a large screen so that when Im browsing or texting, I dont feel like Im limited.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Engadget First look

The front looks ho-hum but I do like the back and bezel around the phone.

3. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Holy crap! Did you see that price? I guess Google thinks they've captured enough of the device market with enough expectation of loyalty.

I'm sure the device is worth it, but still a bit of a shock to see a big price jump from previous models

4. steddinotayto

$650 is pretty hefty. Of course I'm sure carriers will subsidize the device and it'll be cheaper but that advantage that Google had with its phones being competitively priced unlocked is gone I suppose :(

5. steddinotayto

No mention of expandable memory either.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

If it is available through the play store unlocked it is still cheaper and more accessible than any other phone of the same quality. I am disappointed in looks and price though.

7. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Hmm seems like its still 32 bit chip. I can stick with my Nexus 5 then.

8. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

curious on finding more information/demos of the Nexus Player

Nexus 9 intrigues me with the 64 bit chip, but I'll be waiting when they sell refurbished models of those, still rocking my Nexus 10

btw, Nexus 4,5,7,10 all getting the Lollipop upgrade, REAL surprised that Nexus 4 made the cut

9. Tenchi

Nexus 4 kind of makes sense due to the fact that Lollipop was partially made with the $100 Android One phones in mind.

10. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

hmmm 650 off contract? ehhh...now i'm questioning if i'll take the plunge. still might...but man...i expected a price increase...but dang.

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Idk if I'll be able to shell out $650 for one off contract, but I'll wait on the reviews before deciding anything regarding if the phone is worth upgrading to.

12. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

the moto x kinds of looks attractive...phones pretty similar...also theres the assist on the moto x which is kinda cool. slightly lower specs...really upgrading from a nexus 4 so anything is gonna be better for me haha

13. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

wow 650, think ill stick with my nexus 5.

14. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

sort of happy that its priced out of my budget haha

happier that the 2012 Nex7 is getting Android L OTA update

15. Victorious

Victorious Member

Lol @ $650. Loved the google nexus line for their affordable off contract price. But I'll just stick with my oneplus one for now.

16. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

One Plus at $350 > Nexus 6 at $649

17. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I'll probably sell my n5 and n7 to put towards this. One device to rule them all instead of carrying around 2 devices. If it's built like the moto x then it'll feel really nice. The fact that it's one phone that works on any of the carriers is awesome. I can't think of another phone that was compatible on all 4 major carriers.

I imagine Google had to forgo the lower price in their store if they wanted to have it available on so many carriers this time around. Carriers probably weren't too keen about having google undercut them. Perhaps T-mobile was okay with that but as a whole, the other carriers weren't going to have that so that's the reason for Google not pricing this one like the last 2 generations of nexus. Either way the phone is worth the money relative to the other phones out there.

I'm more interested right now to see how Lollipop is. I have a moto x and I love some of the moto features. Some of them I see baked into the OS but there might be a few that may not make it over like active display and moto assist (drive). I'm ready for the reviews!

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Agree. Glad I went oneplus. Wish it had OIS. That's my only complaint.

19. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

20. Tenchi

Hmm doesn't seem that much bigger.