1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 NCAA Tournament

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by J.R., Mar 16, 2014.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Special <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23shoutout&amp;src=hash">#shoutout</a> to <a href="https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons">@ChandlerParsons</a> for saying UK wouldn't make it to the Championship on <a href="https://twitter.com/espn">@espn</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23haha&amp;src=hash">#haha</a></p>&mdash; Patrick Patterson (@pdpatt) <a href="https://twitter.com/pdpatt/statuses/452661359067422720">April 6, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

I want Harrison, clutch gene.

3. Willard Decker

If the Harrison twins know what's good for them, they'll stay right where they are and not even think about the NBA until 2015 at the earliest. People captivated by Kentucky's run have either forgotten or don't know about all of the boneheaded things the two of them have done over the course of this season. Much of Kentucky's struggles in both non-conference and league play was brought about by their poor decision-making, execution and defensive awareness. Both of them need to learn how to play well on a consistent basis at the college level before making the jump to the NBA.

--Captain Decker

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Before hitting the 4 shots against Michigan, Aaron had 0/0/0 pts/rebs/dimes plus 1 TO and 4 fouls. At least tonight he was 2/7 before the final shot. He isn't close to being NBA ready.

I saw both guys play in high school. They are mentally soft and have trouble adapting when things don't go their way, Aaron in particular.

Long term IMO, Andrew can carve out a career as an NBA PG because of his size even though he isn't athletically gifted. He really needs to learn how to shoot though. That's his huge Achilles heel. He will also have trouble defending because he isn't very fast.

Aaron won't make it in the NBA. He's too mentally soft in general and the physicality of the NBA SG position will be too much for him.

To those of you who have watched their body language throughout the season: They did the same thing as juniors and seniors in HS.

1 person likes this.
  5. basketballholic

This is deadly accurate. Every bit of it.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

While I agree with the last two post on the Harrison twins saying they should come back.

It is pretty hard to call Aaron Harrison mentally soft after what he is doing right now.

7. i3artow i3aller

8. i3artow i3aller

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

They came within 7 feet... the size of Kaminsky's no show.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't blame Kaminsky. Kentucky's defense was geared to doubling him off the dribble and forcing him to give it up. Since Wisconsin has other players that can score, he did a decent job of taking what the D gave him. But there were at least 2-3 additional opportunities he missed on. My main problem was he should have rebounded better.

That explosive 14-0 Kentucky run to begin the 2nd half where Wisconsin totally lost their poise was the difference.

11. jbasket

jbasket Member

Can affirm to the bolded. I have gotten under Aaron's skin before, and he completely tuned out.

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I really don't watch college ball, but how is a guy mentally soft when he hit 3 game winners in the tourney? There is noting mentally soft about where he drained that shot from last night.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You can't judge a guy from just a few shots.

In case anyone is wondering, let me be clear about something:

I have no agenda against either guy. Just bluntly expressing my opinion. In fact, I want both of them to succeed. My son played against them in 7th grade and one of them dunked during the game after it became a massive blowout. It was awesome!

14. Willard Decker

Because there's more to mental toughness than the ability to knock down shots. Both Harrison twins have shown an alarming tendency to sulk when things don't go their way. Calipari has said several times this season that's he's had to eschew coaching basketball in favor of coaching attitude and body language.

I seldom take anything Calipari says seriously, as he appears to be interested only in exploiting impressionable young men as opposed to helping them become better basketball players and people, but having watched a number of Kentucky's games this season, I've seen for myself that he's telling the truth--and the Harrison twins are the worst offenders when it comes to dealing with adversity. They get away with it to a certain extent at the college level because Calipari doesn't have anyone on his roster better than they are, but that sort of behavior won't fly at the NBA level.

All of us saw what happened with Spanoulis eight years ago. That's what I see happening with the Harrison twins.

No worries. I don't think anyone suspected you of having an ulterior motive, particularly those of us who know what you're referring to. The Harrison twins would do well to remain at Kentucky for a minimum of three years before entering the draft. Neither has anything to lose by staying in Lexington. And as they'll have a year of experience under their belts, they'll be better players next season and may avoid many of the ups and downs that plagued the Wildcats this year.

--Captain Decker

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

Righttt this explains why he talked Demarcus Cousins and MKG into going into the draft although they wanted to come back. The knock on Coach Cal is he puts the players before the actual program.

Maybe you have him confused with Jim Boehim.

16. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Okay not getting into the argument about the players, the coach, or anything else... Just wanted to say......

GO CATS!

:) or as moe calls them Go Rockets Farm Team!

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Yeah, I can't get with Coach Cal taking advantage of his players. He seems to be the one preaching "do your time, go get paid".

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harrison Twins are getting schooled by Shabazz and Boatright.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Man...surprised this thread is so dead!

Kentucky climbed back down the stretch of the 1st half. Should be a fun 2nd half. Shabazz is just dominating.