1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 NBA Playoffs: Los Angeles Clippers(3) vs Golden State Warriors(6)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Orange, Apr 16, 2014.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Apr 20, 2014.
  1. Clippers in 4(sweep)

14 vote(s)
    8.5%
  2. Clippers in 5

46 vote(s)
    27.9%
  3. Clippers in 6

46 vote(s)
    27.9%
  4. Clippers in 7

20 vote(s)
    12.1%
  5. Golden State in 4(sweep)

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  6. Golden State in 5

4 vote(s)
    2.4%
  7. Golden State in 6

19 vote(s)
    11.5%
  8. Golden State in 7

15 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. clippy

clippy Member

Anyway, I expect the Clippers will win the next game big and won't be in foul trouble, cuz that's just how the NBA rolls. If they lose, then this series is most likely over.

2. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

The reach was obvious, but if I remember correctly, the angle the ref had wasn't the best to see the contact.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He said out of the second round.

I have never seen anyone b**** slap themselves as much as you do.

4. clippy

clippy Member

I was very happy they didn't call it. I hate that move more than any other (the James Harden arms akimbo drive move being a close 2nd).

5. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Good point, the West is extremely tough. I still feel CP3 has been anointed and put on such a high pedestal. If other highly regarded "superstars'" teams came up short as much as CP3's teams, they wouldn't still be as highly regarded as CP3 continues to be. I feel that will change if CP3's team comes up short again this year.

6. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

I don't know, I still want the Clippers to take the series because they will give the Thunder a much harder time than the Warriors, battering them a little bit, and so much better for us when we make the Conference Finals.

7. clippy

clippy Member

Players really shouldn't be judged by team accomplishments, because some players are on good teams their whole careers (eg Kobe) and some are on crappy ones (eg Nique).

That said, CP3 is on a great team this year and if he doesn't make it past the first round, he should be criticized, as should his coach and teammates. He gets a bit of a pass in round 2 just because OKC is also an excellent team.

8. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

You're a Clippers fan. Embrace the foul. It's your friend. Almost as much as it is ours.:grin:

9. Andrew Wiggins

Exactly. Is it his fault they did not have blake to grab that rebound which cost them 2 points? Is it his fault collison has butterfingers and did not catch the ball with both hands to capitalize on the 2 on 1 break?

Paul is clutch and he closes out games. I just wish the nba didnt reward him every time he dropped to the floor.

10. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I think he's probably a good guy off the court (though you never know). I respect his skill and talent too. But he's an awful on - the - court personality and easy to hate. He's also 1 of the 3 members of the nut hitters club, which is an automatic lifetime man card revocation.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Yasiel Puig goes in:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kobe would of knocked down those FT's with a torn achilles <a href="https://twitter.com/CP3">@CP3</a>.</p>&mdash; Yasiel Puig (@LakerOpinion) <a href="https://twitter.com/LakerOpinion/statuses/457648926472945664">April 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

youre a complete potato

in that case might as well foul the worst ft shooter the whole game

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

You don't really believe that is Yasiel Puig right?

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>What the hell did I say <a href="https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless">@RealSkipBayless</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/realSK">@realsk</a>? Huh! What did I say. <a href="https://twitter.com/CP3">@CP3</a> is a super star point guard. Hush your mouth damn it :)</p>&mdash; Stephen A Smith (@stephenasmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/statuses/457641237756248064">April 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

LOL no because it doesn't have a blue check mark by his twitter account

16. torocan

torocan Member

Hoping that GSW pulls out the series even though they're the underdog. OKC will probably still clobber them, but after a Memphis series and GSW on a hot streak, I could see it going to 6 or 7 games (preferably 7). Maybe even an upset if Memphis goes 7 games.

This would put the Rockets in the absolute best position to take on the winner of the other bracket, assuming they manage to get by Portland and Pops and Co.

And if somehow GSW and the Rockets met up in the finals, that would sure make for a really nice match up given the size mismatch with Howard and Asik in the middle.

Go GSW! (At least for the first 2 rounds) ;)

17. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

GSW in 6. Im calling it.

Flame away.

18. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Their fts were nearly half of the clips until the very end...

19. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Golden State is a good team.

20. DocRock

DocRock Member

Agreed, terrible officiating all around, the first thing I noticed

CP3 and Blake both in foul trouble has way more impact than Iggy in foul trouble. If you think the weight of the calls was split even, you're going to be tearing your hair out when our 2 best players spend an entire game in foul trouble and the refs make it up by fouling out the other team's 4th highest scorer/defender/glue guy. Dwight and Parsons (I can't see Harden mixing it up enough to foul out) out for Danny Green is fair amirite?

Anyway, like I said on pg 7ish, the refs controlled both sides of this game. Clips got the short end this time. Refs will make it up in game 4.