1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 NBA Finals: San Antonio vs. Miami

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 31, 2014.

?

San Antonio vs. Miami

Poll closed Jun 4, 2014.
  1. Spurs in 4

1.5%
  2. Spurs in 5

4.2%
  3. Spurs in 6

30.5%
  4. Spurs in 7

33.2%
  5. Heat in 7

8.0%
  6. Heat in 6

21.4%
  7. Heat in 5

1.1%
  8. Heat in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

WTF is it with people wanting to pigeonhole others? I wanted the Spurs to win, and I like LeBron a lot. So, does that make you the dumb one? For the record, I would root for the Spurs against the teams in the East. I've got no reason to hate them. Good team. Humble players. Great coach. Why should I have a problem with them?

2. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

No, it doesn't. What your comment does indicate is that you're one of those arrested-development, pseudo-macho fans who lives vicariously through a sports team. The only thing soft is your weak-ass rhetoric- ratchet up your critical thinking a few notches, stop being a neanderfan, and don't call Houston a crap sports town when you clearly don't know what in the goodGod****ingdamn you are speaking of.

1 person likes this.
  3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, the big surprise for him had to be the change in Wade from the Pacers series to the Finals. Just night and day, as if he hit an expiration date or something. Shooting percentage, rebounding, everything. It's really like he got injured in some way at the end of the Indiana series.

And to hear Wade speak about the "last four years" at the presser almost made it sound like he was looking back on the end of an era. Pretty weird. He didn't give much of the "rah rah" next year talk at all.

He's owed $41 over the next 2 years on his current contract if he doesn't opt out, and why would he do that? There's no way he gets that kind of money now on the open market, so the Heat are probably stuck for 2 years with that contract and a slower, gimpier Wade. Hard to think Lebron isn't thinking really, really hard about this, especially since they have ZERO good young guys to bring energy and extra athleticism. They surrounded him with stale bread.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I never liked the Wade-Shaq team. Wade has become more and more of a douche. I don't know if it has anything to do with the Superfriends.

5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The Rockets are the only team I pull for, regardless of their standing. After that, I pull for the team, not a certain player. I dont have any rivalries beyond the game at hand. I prefer the championship to stay in Texas. And the Spurs are a great team to pull for. Its a no brainer.

I dont like Lebron and until he proves hes a mature player who can lead, he will never be a favorite. He can have all the raw talent in the world, but he will never be close to a GOAT until he can make those around him better. This was Lebrons team and he failed. He was beat by Popovich's team.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's only because Rockets fans hate the Mavs more in 2006 given the way they beat the Rockets. The Rockets have not been beaten by the Spurs in about 2 decades.

BTW, you seem to like the role eyes a lot. :rolleyes:

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I've noticed Wade's comments over the last few weeks and it's almost like he knows this is end of him and LeBron.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Maybe Wade is retiring?
    Who knows what could happen. Speculation is crazy in Miami right now. Rumors that Bosh is leaving, LeBron leaving, etc.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This could just be fatalistic fans doing their thing.

What has me wondering are Wade's comments and rut the Heat were stuck in for the last 3 months. Maybe he and LeBron are no longer close friends. Regardless, perhaps the prolonged slump (masked by playing in the EC) has convinced LeBron it's time for something new instead just reshuffling the same stale deck chairs.

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Nah, I get it. Fans shouldn't cheer for their rivals. If you don't believe Spurs are a rival, you don't get it.

btw- You forgot to mention the poster count_dough-ku. He went off on the previous page about this same topic. Don't limit your hate to '13ers.

11. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

ESPN comment: It's so nice that the Heat got to spend Father's day with their daddy, the Spurs.

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Durant making fun of Leonard lol

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>In ESPN interview, Kobe also brought up unprompted about Tim Duncan possibly getting 6th ring before him: &quot;I'm not okay with that.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Medina (@MarkG_Medina) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/statuses/478630983202119680">June 16, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Lol.
    Kobe is done. That stupid max contract he demanded sealed his chances of ever contending again. That selfish ******* sealed his own fate, when stars around the league are thinking about taking less money to win, Kobe decides he wants more. Does he deserve it? Sure, but he sure as hell didn't need it and now Lakers won't be able to make a run at other stars.

1 person likes this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

because I am sick, I had to go back and watch this clip from the infamous pageant of the big three when they first formed.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EYe8B--jrbs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Look at Wade even then, basically giving a "you high bro" laugh. Also kudos to Riley's "you idiot" look from the audience. Looks like a total old school mafioso in that shot actually.

And we have to give Lebron credit, I think, since the "... not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven" part is looking pretty accurate. :)

16. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Lakers are gonna be tanking for a while so i don't think Kobe knows he might not get his 6th ring.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The &quot;Three-Peat&quot; shirt the Heat would have worn if they won (via <a href="https://twitter.com/sportslogosnet">@sportslogosnet</a>) <a href="http://t.co/xMzGKyKCt8">pic.twitter.com/xMzGKyKCt8</a></p>&mdash; darren rovell (@darrenrovell) <a href="https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/statuses/478645048951980033">June 16, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[​IMG]

#2897 J.R., Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I support Patty Mills because of his heritage and respect Tim Duncan as a person, who the hell are you to judge?

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

20. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Not to mention that while the Houston-Dallas rivalry is a thing just in general, Houston-San Antonio really isn't. At least it wasn't to me back then, I haven't lived in Houston in about 8 years.