1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014] Martin Scorsese presents: Revenge Of The Green Dragons

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Aug 14, 2014.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Ray Liotta is my favorite actor but good god the casting is just off!!! Kevjumba and the drunken Asian dude from 21 and over as the two leads, lame!!! To my Asian posters on Clutchfans, what do you think of this cast???

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3c-YiIC5Bz4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Apparently there aren't that many Asian actors in the world as Hollywood has shown time and again. Seems like every Asian actor is cast as a martial artist, a nerd, or a gang member. If you need an Asian guy you just hire John Cho and if you need an Asian female you get Ming Na Wen or Jamie Chung depending on what age the character is. I guess Scorsese has to go to Youtube to find his leads. He gets a lot of benefit of doubt but man the casting directors should try to look a little further.

3. VanityHalfBlack

If it was up to me I'd go find some Korean actors from Korea and get the guy who was in Bittersweet Life and I saw the devil. But I guess casting a Korean guy to play a Chinese Gangster in New York will not go very well with Chinese audience, lol.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You have to start somewhere...

5. supdudes

supdudes Member

Since when did the Chinese mob settle things with guns a blazin?

I always thought they preferred knives and swords.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You act like Acting is something Chinese parents would support. It's supply and demand.

7. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Welp, if a diminutive Italian can play as Cuban refugee in Scarface, then why not a Korean as a Chinese gangster.

8. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

You act like everyone actually listens to their parents. If they did all Chinese people would be doctors. I'm sure there are more than a handful of Asian actors. It's a pretty big world out there.

9. conquistador#11

y u no cast long duk dong?

and scorsese has officially been involved in a gangster film for every ethnicity.
    (unless I missed one)

10. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

So what's your problem with this? I don't understand. They didn't cast John Cho. They cast someone you happen to know from YouTube. If it was some other random Asian actor that went to casting and got the thumbs up from Scorsese, you would be okay with that?

11. VanityHalfBlack

If Scorsese say it's okay to cast Kevjumba so be it. Kevjumba prove me wrong!!!!! Ray Liotta needs this though. Did anyone liked him in a Place beyond the pines?

12. VanityHalfBlack

[​IMG]

13. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Looks like it's loosely based on the Viet gang, BTK, that cut a path through NYC Chinatown in the late 80s-90s. Coincidentally one of their biggest rivals was the Flying Dragons gang.

I'll be watching the hell out of this thing for 3 reasons:
    1) Martin Scorsese
    2) Nostalgia (late 80s-early 90s rule!!!!)
    3) ASIANS ASIANS ASIANS ASIANS!!!!

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

dammit, Martin...do the Sinatra movie already!!!

15. VanityHalfBlack

That's going to be epic as fukk!