1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014] James Harden in Asia

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GIGO, Jul 18, 2014.

1. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Harden and some of the other players were featured on a Filipino TV show. Quality question he got there at the 4:00 mark lol...

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_R5LrZcCK-I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

News flash....we don't give a **** about Lin, we're glad he's gone, but we were kinda hoping his groupies would accompany him out the door?

Funny thing about what you wrote. Nothing about how well Jeremy will play for the Lakers. But how well can you really play when you're dribbling into the post with two seven footers in front of you and no one to pass it to?

Again?

And again?

And....again?

And..................again?

Lin fans and Lakers fans. Two awful tastes that taste "awful-er" together.

Can anyone mention the question and answer for those of us with IT police? (Guess I can watch it when I get home.)

3. SPURS

SPURS Rookie

I guess Kawhi is the biggest star there. hahahahah

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Lol that was weird but harden did get the biggest applause. Maybe it's cause Leonard was MVP of the finals ?

On another note tell me harden didn't look way bigger in height and weight than Leonard? Wow either he shrunk or harden is a lot taller and bigger than we thought. I know harden been working out a lot with that fitness guy but he looked really tall.

5. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Nothing of any significance. Just the usual "how was your trip / What would you like to say to the fans / What is the charity about ?"

6. GIGO

GIGO Member

Plus, the question for The Beard (@4:00) is something you gotta watch along with his answer.

Kawhi is really coming out his shell since the finals. I like it!

Thanks redhotrox for the video.

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Cringeworthy, but hilariously awesome!

Poor Nick Johnson is going to have to fly there alone right after tonight's game.

8. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Nick Johnson and Damian Lillard have the same agent. That's why he's included.

Gilas is the Phil. national team. Of course, they don't expect to win. But they will get a treat from playing against their NBA idols. They're the biggest fans.

The sponsors also got 2 teams of NBA stars playing here (Durant, Harden etc) during the lockout season. Anytime you get NBA stars here, it'll be sold out.

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

There's also the connection from Nick's father, Joey (Joe) Johnson.

http://tucson.com/sports/basketball...cle_1fc49cf0-b255-57ef-a1dc-bd058690f3a6.html

10. SPURS

SPURS Rookie

I didn't watch the video. I can't watch cheezy stuff.
    Harden taller and bigger than Kawhi? lol I doubt it man.
    Like that's impossible. Maybe if Harden keeps eating some more burgers yeah.

11. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

One funny moment in video...

"James are you goning to finally marry a filipina!?! This is you 3rd time here."

Translation: "James we know about you getting those massages and slaying are damn women, are you finally going to make a decent woman out of one of them? "

12. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Dwight will have him wearing the extra-extra small sizes soon enough

13. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

He shoulda went before the lin trade. Woulda gotten mobbed. Now not one single person even cares

14. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I feel sorry for Harden. No Big Bootys in Asia.

What's a man going to do? He'll probably die.

15. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

These guys all need new agents. This seems desperate--even for Nick Johnson.

16. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

lol at the lack of fans in those pictures. i remember Houston's first tour in Asia, they were like rock stars. the rockets org lost whatever in-roads the org made into the Asian market since the Yao era with the way they handled Lin. it's one thing saying his not a good "fit," it's another mistreating him and taking advantage of him.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I love when Lin fans complain about the "treatment" of Jeremy Lin. It's always hilarious.

18. Lefty

Lefty Member

Mistreatment? As the other LOF said this is a business. The rockets saw that he was not fit for this roster and dumped his ass to a ****ty Lakers team. Jesus, go ride his jock on some other website. I am sick of ever thread turning into a lin/parsons boohoo thread.

19. ribbit

ribbit Member

Lack of NBA fans in the Philippines? You got to be kidding. Philippines is a basketball-crazy nation.

That show was "Eat Bulaga," a variety show, held in a studio. Its audience consists of old-timers, cheesy, and/or k-pop fans, who enjoys their afternoons watching spanish or korean TV series.

Even Gilbert Arenas said after his first time in the Philippines, "if you want to be treated like rock stars (if you're an NBA player), go to the Philippines." He is in no way connected to Yao or Lin and he was treated like a rock star.

20. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

I see you Harden. Saw everyone here making fun of your gut so you're wearing all black to hide it.