1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 Houston Dynamo / MLS Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 11, 2014.

1. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Still a lot of starters who can't hold onto the ball under slightest pressure, and teams have no depth. But yes, viewing experience is much better, and I think the bigget improvements were better stadiums and better crowds / supporters groups.

2. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

boniek garcia is legit and could play at any level, brad davis' left foot could fit anywhere but his game doesn't cause his right foot is so weak, will bruin looks like his game could become world class, ricardo clarke was here then left for a primiere team for several years and is now back, giles barnes was a world class talent until his multiple knee issues but this guy is very talented he just didn't get the chance to develop his game the way it was supposed to go, tally hall should be on the world cup team but klinnsman says his footwork isnt as good as it needs to be, and horst looks like he will be a legit defender,

you're right tho mls still isnt on par with a lot of leagues around the world although you are probably being a little too hard on the mls, the talent has grown over the past 5/6 years

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

MLS = Championship league level in the UK.

DD

4. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/F7Mtw744jwU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Beavis Stiffler

Dynamo win 1-0 over the Galaxy.

Here's the game-winning goal:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ayacsHbz8Tg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CQpZFvRQZBk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KLz-jLTIOBE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Crazy stupid play from la

But also a ridiculous goal from Barnes. His steps were off, he hit it with an awkward motion and a difficult angle yet still put it on the money, all while looking very casual about it.

The team is looking a little better. Bruin is a totally different player this season. Finally is demonstrating some quality hold up play, lots of touch on his passes, finishing, and just making a lot of smart plays.

I think with Barnes in the midfield using a diamond, they could figure things out this season

8. K mf G

awesome hustle by sherrod, great finish by barnes, and david horst with the play of the game, great presence to get in to the open side of the net behind the keeper

9. SexyButIgnorant

Am I the only one who finds Bruin absolutely terrible? He can hardly dribble the ball, makes terrible decisions, and has one of the worst first touches I've seen. The little I've seen of Sherrod makes me prefer him over Bruin. But then again, Bruin does score goals, and I guess that's all that matters.

Good win by the Dynamo last game though. When is Ricardo Clark coming back?

10. K mf G

i used to think bruin was the worst, but about midway last season my opinion changed, i think he has gotten a lot better, what you described was exactly what i used to see in his game, but i think that description is not accurate now

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

LOL @ "Pineda"... it's "Penedo." haha :grin:

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Will the MLS ever fix their God Awful schedule?

13. smr6

smr6 Member

I doubt it. If they were to ever go to a more European style schedule, the first half of the season would be during NFL/NCAA Football season, and the second half would be ending during NBA playoffs.

It sucks, but the other sports are what is holding that back. It would be too hard for them to draw enough interest otherwise. That's why they have to try to fit as much into in-between periods as possible.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It will only hurt them in the long run. The conflicting transfer windows will only keep better players from being transferred over of coming on loan. All for what? they don't need to compete with the big 3 anyway. They can make their own fan base. Look at ****ing Nascar.

15. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

The transfer windows mostly line up already. And the prices/salaries for good players has a lot more to do with MLS teams not signing guys than the transfer period.

To me the biggest reason to not change it is the weather. Trying to play through the winter here would kill attendance for most of the teams.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Wouldn't kill attendance in houston, it would improve it if anything. I am always hesitant to go to a game cuz the heat

17. El Hijo de Odio

Especially for the Canadian teams (Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver). They will suffer the most if the schedule changes.

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

They would have to relocate unless they built domes. There is no way it could be played for months. New England would probably be out, too.

Unless you want the league to go indoors on turf (and then have something else to b**** about when it comes to the MLS and American soccer), the season is going to stay right where it is.

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

MLS isn't the only league that plays a summer season. Many leagues do. Countries in the Northern Europe, Ireland, much of Asia, Brazil.. Argentina is switching to that schedule as well.

If Scandinavian leagues decided to play the same schedule as La Liga, their players would freeze and pile injuries. And their pitches would get messed up because grass wouldn't be able to grow and recover well enough. Not to mention they would get fewer people in the stands.

UK would be better off with a summer schedule too. But it's a matter of traditions there.

20. SexyButIgnorant