1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 Houston Dynamo / MLS Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 11, 2014.

1. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I think that was Boniek best game in a while. He made a lot of really good passes to put guys into good positions.

2. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

i didnt get a chance to watch the game or many games yet this season, but i dont see how this team is struggling with basically the same line up as last year, horst looks good but whatever happen to the DP alex?

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Creavalle is still recovering from injury a bit I think. He was a huge part of last years success IMO and he has barely played this year.

5. K mf G

i'm waiting on you beavis stiffler

6. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Bruin for the win!

[youtube]NS57xdW6fQA[/youtube]

2 people like this.
  7. K mf G

tally hall for the win

8. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/h_2qm9D8bbA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SrmjWvdu6rI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Beavis Stiffler

Good for Will Bruin scoring a goal for 3 straight games so far. But it could be too late for him to get a spot for the USA world cup team.

Brad Davis makes his case to be on Jurgen Klinnsmann's U.S. squad with a wonderful assist that led to Bruin's winning goal.

10. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

God the MLS schedule is r****ded. Why are you still playing during the summer?

I get that competing against the NFL, NCAA football and the NBA would of been a death sentence back in the day but geeze switch it

11. Beavis Stiffler

The Brazilian League, Japanese League, and Korean League uses the same schedule as the MLS and played their games during the summer season.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Playing against the NFL and college football would still be very bad for the league. They get to take advantage of the summer doldrums where it's just MLB every stinkin day.

13. SwoLy-D

The Mexican league is in its apogee and the championship game will be just in time before the team leaves to South America for its tour pre-World Cup. When the national team plays on a weekend, they suspend games or have them already scheduled. They do this too for the World Cup month. Don't know why MLS can't do this, too.

I hope none of the MLS-based players for us or their respective countries are needed during the summer games. Boniek will be sorely missed! :eek:

14. SexyButIgnorant

This is the first ever season I've actually kept up up with the Dynamo (and that's only because of my work). Anywho, I was under the impression the MLS had made serious gains towards bettering the quality, but from what I've seen, it's all really subpar play. Maybe I've been too spoiled.

There's no one who really stands out in the Dynamo to me, none of them are any good.

15. SwoLy-D

Whoop-dee-freakin'-doo. Yipee. Hip-hip-hooray. Yay. :rolleyes:

Thank goodness it's only because of your work.

16. SexyButIgnorant

I'm just sharing my opinion, looking for other's (with more knowledge) view on the team and league. Who's in your opinion the best player on the team?

17. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Im noob fan but i would say Hall is one of the better goalies in the MLS and the key to our success. Bruin is a pretty good rising player, Davis is sneaky good, and Barnes is a deadly striker

My favorite is Boniek Garcia though.

18. SwoLy-D

I like how you continue to give that your work is the only reason for 'keeping up' with the team. That's NOT an opinion.

What a load of crap your 'opinion' is. :eek:

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I find the MLS's quality to be much higher than it was even 3 years ago, and way higher than 5 - they are getting better and better soccer players, and the league is growing in visibility.

I believe for the first time ever in the USA, it is a viable professional sport that can/will last.

DD

20. SexyButIgnorant

Yeah, I can totally see that. The atmosphere at the games, no matter win or lose, is always really fun.