1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 Football "Rate My Draft" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by DonnyMost, Aug 19, 2014.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Considering how poorly your co-workers seem to have drafted, your team looks really bad. Everyone I marked in red I think you reached for. In some cases, especially picks 4-7, you reached a great deal. I like the potential Floyd has in Arizona's pass heavy offense, as well as Reed. But I can't see your team being .500 or better unless Montee Ball and Andrew Luck have career years (think top 5 for their position). Otherwise, you'll be dwelling in the basement.

#41 DonnyMost, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  2. Pete the Cheat

great value on Vereen and Edelman. I am assuming Ellington was a BPA pick at the time? Hunter is a hot name, but not sure if I buy the hype based on what they have at QB...

I am really high on Ladarius Green, hoping for a break-out similar to Julius Thomas in Denver last year.

if I get stuck at the end of the snake, hopefully my draft board looks this nice. great draft

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah and I'm hoping my girlfriend's t*** get bigger overnight. I think I have better chances.

4. Pete the Cheat

does it count if you get her pregnant?

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Seems like the folly of taking Foster at 10 was made up for by getting Megatron at 15. That's unbelievable at least based on mocks I've seen.

Our 14-team draft is tomorrow and I'm picking 12th. Mocks are useless because Manning, Brees and Rodgers will all be gone by then, but I can get the latter two with my second pick in most mocks I do.

6. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Does it count if I get her pregnant?

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Keep us posted if you find a girl willing to talk to you.

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

11 team league. All touchdowns worth 6 points (including QB) 20 yds for QB= 1 point, 10 yards=1 point for WR/RB/Flex

league starts 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, flex

I drafted

Peyton
    Jordy Nelson
    Antonio Brown
    Ryan Matthews
    CJ Spiller
    Mike Wallace
    Jordan Cameron
    Dan Bailey
    Bengals defense

As a starting lineup..... Thoughts?

9. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

10 Team League

Scoring:
    Passing 25 yards 1 pt
    Passing 1 TD 4 pt
    PPR 0.5 pt
    All else standard.
    No points for defensive yards allowed.

1 QB/ 2 RB/ 2 WR/ 1 TE/ 1 Flex/ 1 K/ 1 Def

Green Arkleseizures
    1. (5) Calvin Johnson (Det - WR)
    2. (16) Brandon Marshall (Chi - WR)
    3. (25) Zac Stacy (StL - RB)
    4. (36) Rob Gronkowski (NE - TE)
    5. (45) Michael Crabtree (SF - WR)
    6. (56) Torrey Smith (Bal - WR)
    7. (65) Maurice Jones-Drew (Oak - RB)
    8. (76) Jay Cutler (Chi - QB)
    9. (85) Shane Vereen (NE - RB)
    10. (96) Colin Kaepernick (SF - QB)
    11. (105) Emmanuel Sanders (Den - WR)
    12. (116) Bernard Pierce (Bal - RB)
    13. (125) New England (NE - DEF)
    14. (136) James Starks (GB - RB)
    15. (145) Hakeem Nicks (Ind - WR)

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You have a pretty awful RB situation. I'd look at packaging Marshall for an RB. Jones-Drew was a reach. Vereen and/or Pierce could be useful, but far from certain.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Depends on what you have for depth. It isn't a bad starting lineup, but you need some insurance behind Spiller.

12. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah I know. Massive run on RB's that I could trust before getting both Johnson and/or Marshall. After that, I just had to play it out. The plan is to trade a WR for an RB.

I'm sort of hoping Pierce blows up Games 1/2 to get more carries from Kubiak. Vereen was the best catching RB left. MJD was quite literally the BPA unless I went K/D/WR or went after a deep sleeper.

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

rpr52121,

What TE's were available in the 14th round? If I'm drafting Gronk early, I'm definitely getting another TE in case it takes Gronk longer than expected to play well.

What other QB's were available in the 10th round? 8th round seems very early to get Cutler. Was there a run on backup QB's or something?

I don't like MJD as your 2nd RB since he's in a RBBC with McFadden. You should've gone for Gore in the 5th or 6th round.

14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

My primary backup RB is Moreno. I guess I could play him in the flex spot but I think that Mike Wallace is going to have a good year. Tannenhill looks better and my buddy (Dolphins fan and smart football person) feels strongly about Wallace and he usually is spot on about Miami.

I took Tavon Austin to keep an eye on as well. Dalton as backup QB. Forget my last couple picks because we actually had a physical draft board and the commish is setting up Sunday.

I feel like Peyton should be the top scoring individual in the league. This guy in my league would flip Peyton+Spiller for Bernard,Dez,Stafford. Thoughts?

Like I said I have only played fantasy a couple years.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You have to hedge your bets when it comes to RBs. There is so much volatility among them that is often better to take as many as you can and hope you can find 2 consistent starters.

Also Lamar Miller has been considered the favorite to win the majority of carries in Miami, Moreno will certainly get a chance but it didn't help that he showed up to camp in poor condition.

16. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

ESPN league, basically standard scoring (4 pts for passing TDs). Liked my draft but didn't realize there were roster limits for WR and RB (4 each) which was pretty annoying.

2 LeSean McCoy, Phi RB
    23 Alfred Morris, Wsh RB
    26 Julio Jones, Atl WR
    47 Keenan Allen, SD WR
    50 Wes Welker, Den WR
    71 Tom Brady, NE QB
    74 T.Y. Hilton, Ind WR
    95 Lamar Miller, Mia RB
    98 Jordan Reed, Wsh TE
    119 Bernard Pierce, Bal RB
    122 Zach Ertz, Phi TE
    143 Buccaneers D/ST D/ST
    146 Ryan Tannehill, Mia QB
    167 Browns D/ST D/ST
    170 Ryan Succop, KC K
    191 Colts D/ST D/ST

17. AB423

AB423 Member

Why did you take Big Ben 2 picks later after RG3?

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I like your first 10 rounds. RB depth is a minor concern, but you should manage, especially if injuries break your way. The last 6 rounds I don't agree with though. You should have been stockpiling sleepers, but instead you went after very low upside stuff (defenses, tannehill, etc).

19. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

11 team league? What kind of crap is that?

20. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I tend to agree that the team just doesn't look good. On the other hand, for years I've used footballguys.com as my primary source for in season guidance and research, and their draft analyzer loves my team and thinks I'm a lock for the playoffs. Overall they've steered me in the right direction more often than not, so hopefully they're right and my team isn't as big of a turd as it looks.

Edit: Here's part of the analysis. Kinda fun, but I don't put much stock in it:

#60 Harrisment, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014